What did you do with your flock today?

Set my new future babies today and brought my 7 week old ones out to play as the temps were good at 60 and sunny they loved it! And played with my 9 day old babies. Oh and hung out with my other girls. I just started in April of this year and I think I have truly become the Crazy Chicken lady lol
It happens so fast! I started June and already added 4 more and extended the run. Next project is new coop!

Run extension is done and the girls LOVE it! So excited for them to have a new place to explore. I also attempted the first meet and greet with the littles. That…didn’t go so well. I set their pen up as a safe space which I’m glad I did. The big girls kept attacking. It was so sad. I let them have opportunities to come out for about an hour but after the first few attacks they stayed inside the safety of their pen. Ugh. I’ll try again tomorrow and every day until they can at least cohabitate without getting beat up.

Heres the new run extension. It’s attached to the standard 8x8 TSC chicken run.

IMG_3272.jpeg
IMG_3271.jpeg

My girls have started laying again :yesss:

I cut up a few grapes, but instead of adding a little shredded cheese I cut some leftover ham into little pieces and placed them on their dish...wow! Most of the flock were shoulder to shoulder, gobbling down at the same time.

Two more eggs!
IMG_20231231_164133837.jpg

These were from yesterday, with a small ruler to indicate their size:
IMG_20231230_173440281~3.jpg

After they'd all finished eating I pulled out a flake of fresh straw for an after dinner event. It was appreciated.

It happens so fast! I started June and already added 4 more and extended the run. Next project is new coop!
I know right! In April we built the first coop and had 12 chickens one died 💔 I ended up getting 3 more pullets then decided to see I could hatch successfully and asked my niece if I could incubate some of her eggs for her got 10 out of 10. Woohoo! Now I have 4 new babies 12 in the bater 3 coops a brooder box and a transition coop 🤣🤣🤣🤣 and about to expand one of the runs.

One of our pullets that we hatched from our flock of RIR's laid a 3 1/8 oz egg today. That's 5/8 oz over jumbo. Most of their eggs today were at least EX Large. We are going to set some of these huge eggs and see just how well those pullets lay if they hatch. All long as they candled a single yolk they get a chance.
❤️ Please up date us on that!;

Run extension is done and the girls LOVE it! So excited for them to have a new place to explore. I also attempted the first meet and greet with the littles. That…didn’t go so well. I set their pen up as a safe space which I’m glad I did. The big girls kept attacking. It was so sad. I let them have opportunities to come out for about an hour but after the first few attacks they stayed inside the safety of their pen. Ugh. I’ll try again tomorrow and every day until they can at least cohabitate without getting beat up.

Heres the new run extension. It’s attached to the standard 8x8 TSC chicken run.

View attachment 3716231View attachment 3716232
Looks awesome!! Lucky chickens! 😍 Happy New Year to them and you! 😍

Set my new future babies today and brought my 7 week old ones out to play as the temps were good at 60 and sunny they loved it! And played with my 9 day old babies. Oh and hung out with my other girls. I just started in April of this year and I think I have truly become the Crazy Chicken lady lol
Once you've experienced the insidious power of our feathered friends, there's just no going back...
Welcome! And enjoy your gloriously pretty flock 😍

Back
Top Bottom