What did you do with your flock today?

Ready to pull out hair....coop mites found yesterday. I concocted a spray with Dawn, citric acid, Essential oils of cinnamon bark, thyme, and lemon eucalyptus, olive oil and warm water. Read that detergents dissolve their waxy coat, as well as Coca Cola (citric acid?), and the 3 oils have eugenol. I probably used a total of 100+ drops in the 16 oz., covered the bottom of the spray bottle with dawn, mixed, put about a Tbsp. of citric acid in another jar with warm water, mixed, and added to the sprayer along with a good squirt of oil. The mites aren't supposed to be as active now, but they have been. My poor Onyx has been feeding them, as she is the only one roosting in there.
When I went and sprayed, they literally came out of the woodwork where I hadn't seen them before. Got fingers crossed.
Here's the after sprayed photos
Note not to use this kind of wood, or seal it with wax or paint? I try not to use chemicals, but hopefully this works.
DEATH TO ALL THE CHICKEN MITES!!!!

I'm late in posting, but my soldier fly order from Exotic Nutrition arrived on Saturday. A 10 lb bag is HUGE! Also, Hazel Bean is enjoying the dandelion treats I got her as an add-on.
20240203_131806.jpg
20240203_131942.jpg

Went out back to do the evenings chores and got a little surprise. This is one of three blonde ferals pullets (Spider's daughters) and 14 - some of them Beetles - babies.
1000004844.jpg
1000004871.jpg
1000004870.jpg

Tossed them scratch and put a water container on ground level for them. They were thirsty ♡
I have so many feral chicks out and about. Many don't make it. All have access to our food and water and are treated with dignity.

I wonder if her sisters will be showing up soon with their clutches...

Welp. Don't hear chicken people being sad about a pullet much, lol, but I know you have the ability to pray for roosters.
Sorry pal, but she is absolutely stunning 😍 so, sorry, not sorry? 😂
My goodness, the kitty ninjas are official family now?!! Makes sense. Send one off to college, gotta fill the gap. I'd say a 2 kitty gap is fair ♡♡
I had a small hen get her leg injured by a barely bigger than her roo once, so every time I see a banty growing up smaller than average I hope it's a roo. Little roos have it pretty easy!
I can't wait to see her grown up 😍

Ya...we have 4 kitties here already so I feel I shouldn't. Only one of those is mine...my old boy Oliver will be 14 this year. But ya... they're wonderful heart medicine ❤️

Ready to pull out hair....coop mites found yesterday. I concocted a spray with Dawn, citric acid, Essential oils of cinnamon bark, thyme, and lemon eucalyptus, olive oil and warm water. Read that detergents dissolve their waxy coat, as well as Coca Cola (citric acid?), and the 3 oils have eugenol. I probably used a total of 100+ drops in the 16 oz., covered the bottom of the spray bottle with dawn, mixed, put about a Tbsp. of citric acid in another jar with warm water, mixed, and added to the sprayer along with a good squirt of oil. The mites aren't supposed to be as active now, but they have been. My poor Onyx has been feeding them, as she is the only one roosting in there.
When I went and sprayed, they literally came out of the woodwork where I hadn't seen them before. Got fingers crossed.
Note not to use this kind of wood, or seal it with wax or paint? I try not to use chemicals, but hopefully this works.
:barnie Little icky uninvited bugs, boo!!!! You get'em popo!!! Show no mercy!!!!

Your spray sounds good and safe...are you pleased with how it works?
I wonder if wood putty or filler would fill in all those hidey hole dashes?

Went out back to do the evenings chores and got a little surprise. This is one of three blonde ferals pullets (Spider's daughters) and 14 - some of them Beetles - babies. View attachment 3743104View attachment 3743105View attachment 3743107
Tossed them scratch and put a water container on ground level for them. They were thirsty ♡
I have so many feral chicks out and about. Many don't make it. All have access to our food and water and are treated with dignity.

I wonder if her sisters will be showing up soon with their clutches...
Beeeeeeeeeebies with their mom... heartwarming!

Back
Top Bottom