What did you do with your flock today?

FB_IMG_1710296199006.jpg
I did not make this. Stolen from FB. 😉 Happy Spring coming up soon! I love this idea.

Today, I cleaned out the top layers of shavings and poop from the brooder, changed the water bottle, added a perch, which some of them have found quickly. Flipoed over the now dried grass clumps,, and they got excited to have dirt, and a couple worms. At one week old, they have wing feathers, and their little tails are growing. The pecking order has been in process. One of the Dominant Coppers are being bossy, pecking on the others. I got one bonus white leghorn chick in the shipment, 16 pullets in all.

Oh, I am tearing up right now. So sorry for your loss, and I am so 😥. We were blessed by all the stories that she was a part of, that you shared with us all this time. May your heart heal with all the wonderful memories of her. She was a special gal, who will be missed by all. Hugs from across the globe.
Awww, thank you so much ❤️ Dang, you've made me cry again with your kind words...

MVIMG_20240313_111909.jpg

Cleaned out the brooder... And stopped to take pictures of ducklings.

Set the concrete mixing bins I use for my chicken run duck ponds on pallets so that my big ducks will stop digging under the bins.

Gave the chickens treats (today was fermented feed), and refreshed their dust bath tires with more dirt and DE.

I didn't really do much today, but I am really tired. Lol.

Today we pulled out one little girl at a time and took pics!!! Here are a couple that cooperated. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_5595.jpeg
    IMG_5595.jpeg
    240.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5594.jpeg
    IMG_5594.jpeg
    404.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5593.jpeg
    IMG_5593.jpeg
    283.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5592.jpeg
    IMG_5592.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5590.jpeg
    IMG_5590.jpeg
    403.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5589.jpeg
    IMG_5589.jpeg
    261.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5591.jpeg
    IMG_5591.jpeg
    261.4 KB · Views: 3
View attachment 3771340
Cleaned out the brooder... And stopped to take pictures of ducklings.

Set the concrete mixing bins I use for my chicken run duck ponds on pallets so that my big ducks will stop digging under the bins.

Gave the chickens treats (today was fermented feed), and refreshed their dust bath tires with more dirt and DE.

I didn't really do much today, but I am really tired. Lol.
I feel this! I just cleaned chick brooders, refilled waterers and feeders, and gave Willie a bath and I think I’m ready for bed now 😆

Back
Top Bottom