What Happens When you Feed the Flock Cooked Crawfish Shells

Mehjr10

Songster
7 Years
May 17, 2012
Moscow, TN
I figured the would enjoy the soft parts and may eat the shells for the calcium but I did not expect the other result. It does not show as well in the picture but the one at the bottom was just about as red as a cooked crawfish shell. Just about every egg i got that week was close to this color.

That's amazing! Any difference in taste? Hope it doesn't taste like crawfish!
big_smile.png

Why not? Crawfish are delicious.
Interesting though. Kind of like the pink colour of Flamingos which comes from the shrimp they eat.

when I lived in arizona, I bought eggs fromm a local store owned by mexicans. the owner warned me that the yolks of the eggs this week were bright orange. she gave them leftover salsa sunday and boy did the yolks reflect all the tomatoes and red peppers! the eggs tasted no different

Wow, that is impressive. I love to watch cooking shows, some of the more "earthy" or "organic" chefs have eggs that are deep orange. Some have plain light yellow eggs too For instance Jamie Oliver always has eggs that are deep in color and he talks about local eggs from the farms. I do notice a huge different in eggs from my best free rangers, much darker in color, but nothing like your crawfish experience.

Back
Top Bottom