All Hatchers!!! When do you open the vent on the bator..........

caf.gif

I've had both vents out of my LG the whole time. But this is our first hatching.

THankx and good luck!!
thumbsup.gif

I have a home-made so had to make my own vents. I believe most people with commercial incubators open the vents at lockdown but hopefully someone will correct that if I'm wrong. They need plenty of ventilation to hatch which is the reason for opening the vent(s).

Depending on the bator... On my Brinsea Octagon 20 I keep it about half way till lockdown then I adjust the vent to the desired humidity is reached...

On my Hova, I put the plugs in at lockdown and remove as needed to reach my ideal humidity.

I use them when the first chick is fully out of the egg...The humidity goes down faster when there open, so I only open them the last second.

on my hova with fan, i never open the vents. seems if i do, it's even harder then it already is to keep humidity up. on the old lg i had, i opened the vents on lockdown. trying an lg again that was just given to me, and the vents are open, but i may close them up if this hatch doesnt work. my hatches in the hova are usually 90-100 percent.

I opened them at lockdown in my hovabators
I had it 1/4 open the whole time in my brinsea 40 this last time and 3/4 at lockdown-fully when they started hatching:)

Back
Top Bottom