An Intro

brich2929

In the Brooder
Jul 23, 2021
I joined up just now because we (My wife and I) anre looking to move within the next few months to a place that has room and allows us to raise animals, and chickens are the first animals we want to try. We appreciate self-sustainability and where we live now, the city code specifically prohibits any livestock or fowl. We also need much more land.
I figure that raising chickens will be a great primer/gateway to having other animals. Wife has mentioned alpacas, goats, etc. Gotta take a step somewhere and the first step is education. I was turned on to this site in the comments section of a YouTube video I was watching, (Stoney Ridge Farmer) and his video on dealing with "Pasty Butt" or "Poopy Butt". Stoney Ridge Farmer - How to Get Rid of Poopy Butt
Anyhow, someone who is a member here (RIR chicks) has a comment about this site so I checked it out and just decided to join.

We have 3 kids - 10, 9 and 5 and we homeschool, so the kids will have an education coming in the fall hopefully once we can move.

You have some wonderful adventures ahead of you -- moving away from restrictive city rules and getting your first chickens! And, you couldn't have picked a better community to help you learn, and offer support, information and encouragement when you need it.

Welcome to BYC! We'll be waiting to help when you make the big move!

Back
Top Bottom