Angel wing progress

MS_pond

Chirping
Dec 7, 2023
A couple of my muscovies are starting to get angel wing.

1000006470.jpg

So today I got some pantyhose, and well... I'll just show you the results.

1000006474.jpg

1000006479.jpg

I suppose I'm not looking for any specific advice (though I welcome it! The health of the birds comes first). Just started this thread to share the hilarity and their progress.

Actually I do have a question. I'm concerned about them being unable to preen so I'm thinking to put it on them at night in their coop and take them off during the day, rinse and repeat until they're better. Does this sound alright?Since keeping them sequestered from water and anything messy isn't a great option for us right now. Although doable if absolutely necessary.

19% purina duck feed. I was thinking about cutting it with oats, would that be called for?

Can you keep them up while they have the hose on not sure it's a good idea for them to be in the water while being wrapped.
Many use oats to cut the protein I fed 20% to all my birds from hatch on Purina Flock Raiser and never had angel wing it can also be genetic. Do you have the parents just wondering if the parents might have had angel wing when young.

Can you keep them up while they have the hose on not sure it's a good idea for them to be in the water while being wrapped.
Many use oats to cut the protein I fed 20% to all my birds from hatch on Purina Flock Raiser and never had angel wing it can also be genetic. Do you have the parents just wondering if the parents might have had angel wing when young.
That's what I was worried about.. Will do

I do not have the parents, I got my ducks from Metzer. Eight muscovy, three mallards, and a goose. Two and a half muscovies are getting angel wing (I'm thinking about wrapping a third muscovy). Everyone else is doing great

Here's how they look just after taking off the wraps this morning. Going to monitor and prepare to rewrap tonight before bed if they start turning outward again!

Attachments

• 20240504_074800.jpg
    20240504_074800.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
By the time this evening rolled around their wings were back to bending outward. Back in the pantyhose they go.

Update: Yesterday morning is the last time I took off the pantyhose. This is how their wings looked yesterday evening. They still look good today. It only took five nights of pantyhose. Will consider it a success and continue to monitor and reapply if needed!

One of the boys has forgiven me and eventually mellowed out for the whole process, but the other one is traumatized :( he did not like it at all.

Attachments

• 20240508_191012.jpg
    20240508_191012.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240508_191024.jpg
    20240508_191024.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom