Any Home Bakers Here?

Hi WyoDreamer,

I read over the link you provided. I think it would be interesting to make that recipe and compare it to the ones I have been making. Might have to give that one a try the next time rolls are called for.

I made my favorite cookie recipe yesterday. Love this this recipe for a few reasons...it makes a TON of cookies, they are delicious and the recipe came from my sister before she passed away 13 years ago. Because it makes such a huge amount of dough, I usually just make a 1/2 batch. Here it is:

Becky's Monster Cookies
(1/2 batch)

6 eggs
1/2 lb butter
1 1/2 lb peanut butter
1 lb brown sugar
2 C white sugar
4 tsp baking soda
1 Tab vanilla extract
9 C oatmeal
1 bag M&M's
1 bag chocolate or white chocolate chips

Cream eggs & butter in large mixer bowl. Mix in remaining ingredients. Bake at 325 degrees about 14 minutes (don't over-bake, these are supposed to be chewy).

This is very easy, especially with a stand mixer because handling this much dough can wear you out mixing by hand. And because it makes so many cookies, it's great for cookie swaps, school bake sales, etc. You can bake what you want and freeze the remaining dough.

Just a heads up, if you want to make a full batch (2x the ingredients given), you will need a bowl about the size of a small bathtub, lol.

Hope you enjoy!

Anyone have a tried and true (and fabulous) carrot cake recipe? I have made all nature of cakes but this one and have a co-worker/friend who adores carrot cake. Her birthday is coming up and she's going through a really rough time right now, so I was hoping to make this year's birthday treat for her carrot cake.

Anyone have a tried and true (and fabulous) carrot cake recipe? I have made all nature of cakes but this one and have a co-worker/friend who adores carrot cake. Her birthday is coming up and she's going through a really rough time right now, so I was hoping to make this year's birthday treat for her carrot cake.
I DO I DO I DO!!!
I am at work now but I will type it up when I get home!!!
It is so moist and yummy!!!!

Mmm carrot cake
droolin.gif

Looking forward to seeing your recipe Jenn (thanks Ol Grey Mare for asking)! Before moving to FL 4 yrs ago, I had a friend that made a wonderful carrot cake. Haven't had any since because I didn't want to be disappointed.

Bring it on Jenn!

my carrot cake that does not taste like a spice cake and is my Mom's favorite.

4 eggs beaten (room temp)
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups shredded carrots ( only fresh will do
wink.png
)
1/2 cup oil
1/2 small can of crushed pineapple with the juice *** if you don't add the pineapple you'll have to add another 1/4 cup of oil
*** I use the pineapple juice because it makes the cake super moist!!!! and tasty
*** I add pecans or walnuts, raisins if my father in law isn't eating it, and coconut

preheat oven to 350 degrees
grease 2, 9X1/ 1/2 round cake pans *** I have used square and even heart shaped

In large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda set aside
In another bowl combine eggs, carrot, oil, pineapple, raisin, nuts and coconut
Add egg mixture to flour mixture until well combined and put into pans

Bake 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean
Allow cake to cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan and set on wire racks.

Cream cheese frosting
1 8-oz pack of softened cream cheese
1/2 cup softened butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
5 1/2 - 6 cups powdered sugar

beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth
add vanilla
add powdered sugar until frosting is firm but not very firm, sometimes I have used only 4 1/2 cups and other I have used the entire amount it depends on the weather as too how many cups you will or won't need. I have colored the frosting in the past to make carrots on top but not necessary.

Now I must warn you I have made this cake a hundred times and there is never any left so grab a bigger piece for yourself and enjoy!!!!

Happy Baking
Jenn

Please let me know how you like it!!!

Jenn,

That sounds similar to the one my friend used to make with the fresh carrots, coconut and the cream cheese frosting. Definitely on my "have to bake" list.

Thanks so much for sharing!
Debby

My mom's carrot cake recipe - it is the best carrot cake I have ever had.

Mom's Famous Carrot Cake

Marge's Carrot Cake is very large and completely fills a 9x13 pan. Super moist.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c canola oil
2 c sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 c finely grated carrots
2 c flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
Directions:
Cream oil, sugar and eggs.
Mix in the rest of the moist ingredients, including carrots.
Sift together dry ingredients.
Add to wet and mix well.
Add nuts.
Bake for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

Her frosting recipe is pretty easy also:
Mom's Cream Cheese Frosting

Will frost a 9x13 cake pan.

Ingredients:
1 (8-oz) pkg cream cheese, room temp
4 tbs butter, room temp
3 c powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:
Beat Vanilla, butter and cream cheese till creamy.
Add powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, beating each addition of sugar well before adding more. Add just enough to make consistancy you want.
I use about 2 2/3 cup.

Back
Top Bottom