Any Home Bakers Here?

I think the antipasto will be one item for sure. I could even throw some cooked farfalle pasta in it and make it a salad.

Yep, need something salty and something sweet so keep your eyes open for me!
Yum, antipasto, yep, winner!

How about nachos, love nachos.....

Can someone tell me whether you can stew (red) apples with the skins on? I know the skin on granny smith's can be bitter, but could you leave the skins on red apples and still have it turn out edible? (don't care what it looks like). I've got a pile of apples to do something with and no energy to peel them all.

DH would go for the wings and I would go for the muffuletta but I better find something we both will eat, lol. Thanks though!

This is one thing I was thinking of, an antipasto platter (maybe a 1/2 recipe): http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/antipasto-platter
Easy and I could make it the night before.
Sounds like a winner!

I found a recipe for cinnamon roll pancakes on Pinterest today. They sound delicious, I'm thinking I may have to whip up a batch on the weekend.
wink.png
I'll put a link on here for anyone who wants to try them.

http://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/cinnamon-roll-pancakes/
I might try that!

Can someone tell me whether you can stew (red) apples with the skins on? I know the skin on granny smith's can be bitter, but could you leave the skins on red apples and still have it turn out edible? (don't care what it looks like). I've got a pile of apples to do something with and no energy to peel them all.
If you like how the skin tastes "raw", I would try it.

Well the rolls with the potato flour get a big thumbs up. The dough came out really soft feeling and the finished scrolls were lovely and soft too. Thinking I might play around with adding some to my regular bread dough and see what happens.

Well the rolls with the potato flour get a big thumbs up. The dough came out really soft feeling and the finished scrolls were lovely and soft too. Thinking I might play around with adding some to my regular bread dough and see what happens.

Glad it worked out for you!

Nachos would be the ticket @NorthFLChick

Bet the red apples would do fine unpeeled, just cored and sliced?

Glad they turned out, and bet the potato flour is better than potato flakes. I think most good donut recipes use potato flour - and some use left over mashed potatoes.

Wayyyyy back somewhere in this thread, someone asked for peanut butter cookie recipes. I use a blender to mix melted butter with a peeled/cored apple into a liquid. It makes the final cookie SOOO much moister and chewier! You do not taste the apple.

PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

1 CUP PEANUT BUTTER
1 MEDIUM TO LARGE APPLE-PEELED AND CORED
1 CUP BUTTER SOFTENED
1 CUP GRANULATED SUGAR
1 CUP BROWN SUGAR
2 EGGS
1 TEASPOON VANILLA
1 TEASPOON BAKING SODA
1/2 TEASPOON SALT
2 CUPS FLOUR

BEAT PEANUT BUTTER AND BUTTER/APPLE UNTIL SMOOTH. ADD SUGARS, VANILLA AND EGGS, BEAT UNTIL WELL BLENDED. MIX DRY INGREDIENTS TOGETHER AND ADD TO SUGAR MIXTURE. ROLL DOUGH INTO 1'' BALLS AND THEN ROLL IN SUGAR. PLACE 2'' APART ON UNGREASED COOKIE SHEET. PRESS FLAT WITH A FORK IN A CRISS-CROSS PATTERN. BAKE @ 350 ABOUT 10-12 MINUTES. REMOVE FROM BAKING SHEET IMMEDIATELY.

CK

Back
Top Bottom