Any Home Bakers Here?

X3!

Wow! The muffins look delicious!

The muffins taste even better than they look.
jumpy.gif
I have wanted a really good muffin recipe for so long and these are by far the best I have ever made.

Thanks again to @cmom for sharing the recipe, it's now in my favorite recipe files.

Here's a good recipe everyone could use considering most gardeners will be inundated with zucchini very soon!
And most of us have plenty of eggs!

Zucchini Puff:

Ingredients-
3 cups zucchini, unpeeled and chopped
1 large Vidalia onion, chopped
1/2 cup of Wesson oil
1 cup Bisquick
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley

Prep: Mix zucchini, onion, oil and Bisquick. Add beaten eggs. Add cheese, salt and parsley. Mix well. Pour into greased 2 qt. casserole. Bake @ 350* for 35-40 minutes until golden brown. Cool at least one hour before cutting.

This puff is a wonderful addition to a baked chicken dinner!
Also is great on a brunch menu.

Welcome to the home baker's thread! The zucchini puffs sound tasty
droolin.gif

Thank you kindly for the warm welcome! I am enjoying this thread so much.
The zucchini puff is a like a fluffy, moist bread. It's great on it's own but it's REALLY great with fresh butter.
We all love it and I hope you all have a chance to try it soon!

The zucchini puff is a like a fluffy, moist bread. It's great on it's own but it's REALLY great with fresh butter.
It sounds yummy. I'm not a fan of zucchini, I find it "blah" in taste (and my rabbits don't like it, either). This seems like a great way of using them when I have them. Only one thing. We don't have Bisquick and I'm not absolutely sure what it is. Any clues as to what else could be used to recreate it?

The zucchini puff is a like a fluffy, moist bread. It's great on it's own but it's REALLY great with fresh butter.

It sounds yummy.  I'm not a fan of zucchini, I find it "blah" in taste (and my rabbits don't like it, either).  This seems like a great way of using them when I have them.  Only one thing.  We don't have Bisquick and I'm not absolutely sure what it is.  Any clues as to what else could be used to recreate it? 

Bisquick is pancake/biscuit mix. It is flour, baking soda, salt....probably missing something, but just your basic biscuit mix.

The zucchini puff is a like a fluffy, moist bread. It's great on it's own but it's REALLY great with fresh butter.

It sounds yummy.  I'm not a fan of zucchini, I find it "blah" in taste (and my rabbits don't like it, either).  This seems like a great way of using them when I have them.  Only one thing.  We don't have Bisquick and I'm not absolutely sure what it is.  Any clues as to what else could be used to recreate it? 

You should try zucchini grilled, with bacon on top. Or we like to add it to our grilled mixed vegetables, potatoes, a zucchini, carrots, onion, bell pepper, oleo and Lawrys seasoning....(salt, tumeric, paprika, garlic powder) the zucchini takes on all the other flavors....sometimes I think my husband married me just for those vegetables :D

the zucchini takes on all the other flavors...
Yes, I don't hate it, it's just one of those "extra" things. They are often huge, and you don't want so much of something so bland in "whatever". Having a way of using them up is good. I went to a friends' many years ago, and she served them fried in egg (I think it's an Italian "thing"). That was nice. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone to feed things to, so using things up is a bit of a challenge.
Bisquick is pancake/biscuit mix. It is flour, baking soda, salt....probably missing something, but just your basic biscuit mix.
Thanks. When you say "biscuit" do you mean the biscuits they serve "down south"? (Those biscuits are our scones, our biscuits are American cookies....)

the zucchini takes on all the other flavors...

Yes, I don't hate it, it's just one of those "extra" things.  They are often huge, and you don't want so much of something so bland in "whatever".  Having a way of using them up is good.  I went to a friends' many years ago, and she served them fried in egg (I think it's an Italian "thing").  That was nice.  Unfortunately, I don't have anyone to feed things to, so using things up is a bit of a challenge.  

Thanks.  When you say "biscuit" do you mean the biscuits they serve "down south"? (Those biscuits are our scones, our biscuits are American cookies....)

The biscuits they eat "down south". Though we eat them in any rural area. However I thought scones were sweet? Every scone I have tried qualified more as a desert, a biscuit is bread.

Yes, I don't hate it, it's just one of those "extra" things. They are often huge, and you don't want so much of something so bland in "whatever". Having a way of using them up is good. I went to a friends' many years ago, and she served them fried in egg (I think it's an Italian "thing"). That was nice. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone to feed things to, so using things up is a bit of a challenge.
Thanks. When you say "biscuit" do you mean the biscuits they serve "down south"? (Those biscuits are our scones, our biscuits are American cookies....)

I see the similarity. Biscuits are a type of quick bread. They can be changed up though.

Basic biscuit:

The biscuits they eat "down south". Though we eat them in any rural area. However I thought scones were sweet? Every scone I have tried qualified more as a desert, a biscuit is bread.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom