Any Home Bakers Here?

We are in winter over here now so think it's done it's dash for the year and it's just starting to look a bit shabby so think it will probably die back itself soon. Next spring I'm definatly going to plant one or two again, but up in the back garden this time where I won't have to trip over it lol. Plus my little plastic greenhouse is buried under it somewhere and I'm going to want that soon.

Still in Winter .:eek:   Guess I forget since I'm in Georgia with temps in the 90's here now.  Will have to pay more attention to the National Weather:)

(She is in Australia) :D

question for you cheese cake guru's I have an easy cheese cake recipe the one on the philly cheese pack, do you think I could add strawberries to it?

Make a topping with the strawberries.

because of the way the filling sets, adding the liquid of the strawberries will not work. You can do some fancy things, like a cornstarch strawberry mixture to make designs but the cheese cake part has to stay like it is.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/222588/strawberry-cheesecake/

You could make a jello type of filling though.

Quote:
It's been hot here too in Florida. Time to put the gardens to rest until next fall. To hot to make a garden in the summer. We even cover the greenhouse for the summer because it gets so hot in it. According to our weather station we have out in the sun, it's been saying temps have been around 100 during the afternoons here.

Just picked my first pumpkin! Looks great, some is in the oven baking cause I was going to make a pumpkin soup with it but it smells so nice I suspect it shall just get eaten as is lol

I've also boiled some up ready to make those pumpkin scones when it cools!

I am SO jealous! I have an irrational pumpkin obsession. Some get eaten by the hens, but most of them sit around my house as decoration till their last dying second. Its the beginning of summer here in San Diego & every year at this time I start pining for pumpkins, pot pies & everything else autumn related.

It's been hot here too in Florida. Time to put the gardens to rest until next fall. To hot to make a garden in the summer. We even cover the greenhouse for the summer because it gets so hot in it. According to our weather station we have out in the sun, it's been saying temps have been around 100 during the afternoons here.

Gee, we're usually hotter than Florida here - and today only 95!

I take a lot of cool breaks. The humidity has been high too and I sweat so, that my clothes are usually wet from the sweat.

I know what you mean - our humidity is 86%. Did a little work in our garden late yesterday and am not acclimated to the heat/humidity this year, so had to retreat to A/C.

Another fresh pasta experience - Fettuccini - served with a Mushroom Garlic Sauce - turned out exceptionally well.
ya.gif
And IMO a lot easier than the extruder. Used a KitchenAid roller and cutter for these:

For the sauce adapted this recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/pasta-with-mushroom-garlic-sauce-11808

This was the first time I used Parsley IN a recipe - always thought of it as just a garnish. Bought fresh Italian large leaf parsley - added it to the reheated sauce until wilted and it added color and flavor.

Another fresh pasta experience - Fettuccini - served with a Mushroom Garlic Sauce - turned out exceptionally well.
ya.gif
And IMO a lot easier than the extruder. Used a KitchenAid roller and cutter for these:

For the sauce adapted this recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/pasta-with-mushroom-garlic-sauce-11808

This was the first time I used Parsley IN a recipe - always thought of it as just a garnish. Bought fresh Italian large leaf parsley - added it to the reheated sauce until wilted and it added color and flavor.
Nice job!

Back
Top Bottom