Any Home Bakers Here?

I made the Parmesan thyme crackers with butter as well as some plain crackers, to use with a dip, one using butter and the other with extra virgin olive oil. I prefer the crackers with butter better.

Thanks for opine. I've only tried crackers with oil, will have to try butter next time.

Those look great.

Thanks to my wonderful BYC friends I made more crackers today. We love racing so they are race snacks.
Cheez-its today. The color is off in the picture. I had to test a few. Yum Yum.

Thanks to my wonderful BYC friends I made more crackers today. We love racing so they are race snacks.
Cheez-its today. The color is off in the picture. I had to test a few. Yum Yum.

Yum, is the recipe on thread? If not, please share...
jumpy.gif

Cheez-It Crackers

Ingredients
  • 16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (1, 2 cup package)
  • 2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ½ cup water

Directions
  1. First, mix together the shredded cheese, salt and the softened butter (you can shred your own cheese, but you can use pre-shredded too to save some time).
  2. Add in the flour and mix until the dough is well mixed.
  3. Then, with the mixer running begin adding the water and mix until a soft dough forms. (use as much water as you need for a dough to form).
  4. Roll the dough out thin on a floured surface and using a fluted pastry cutter or pizza cutter, cut the dough into about 1 inch squares. (Note: I roll my dough out on the parchment paper and use my pizza peel to transfer the crackers on the parchment paper to a baking sheet.)
  5. Preheat your oven to 375º F and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
  6. Transfer your little crackers onto the parchment paper, make a hole in the center of each with a toothpick, then sprinkle them with some more salt. (See Note: in step #5)
  7. Bake for about 10-13 minutes (baking time will depend on your oven, watch them carefully so they don't burn), or until they have puffed up and the edges begin to brown.
  8. Let cool before eating. (They are best eaten right away, but you can store them in an airtight container).

Recipe Note: You can add most anything to these crackers such as spices like paprika, cayenne, black pepper, garlic powder, etc or even change out the cheese
to get a whole new flavor if you wish. You can substitute garlic or onion salt in place of the regular salt.

Last edited:
Cheez-It Crackers

Ingredients
  • 16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (1, 2 cup package)
  • 2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ½ cup water

Directions
  1. First, mix together the shredded cheese, salt and the softened butter (you can shred your own cheese, but you can use pre-shredded too to save some time).
  2. Add in the flour and mix until the dough is well mixed.
  3. Then, with the mixer running begin adding the water and mix until a soft dough forms. (use as much water as you need for a dough to form).
  4. Roll the dough out on a floured surface into about an 1/8 inch thickness and using a fluted pastry cutter or pizza cutter, cut the dough into about 1 inch squares.
  5. Preheat your oven to 375º F and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
  6. Transfer your little crackers onto the parchment paper, make a hole in the center of each with a toothpick, then sprinkle them with some more salt. (I actually roll my dough out on the parchment paper and use my pizza peel to transfer the crackers on the parchment paper to a baking sheet.)
  7. Bake for about 10-13 minutes (baking time will depend on your oven, watch them carefully so they don't burn), or until they have puffed up and the edges begin to brown.
  8. Let cool before eating. (They are best eaten right away, but you can store them in an airtight container).

Recipe Note: You can add most anything to these crackers such as spices like paprika, cayenne, black pepper, garlic powder, etc or even change out the cheese
to get a whole new flavor if you wish. You can substitute garlic or onion salt in place of the regular salt.

Thank you so much, would ovate, but none left today:(

@cmom, I will be making those cheez-it's soon! Maybe tomorrow? I told my son and he wants us to try it!

Today, after my sons first soccer game of the year(he scored a goal!
1f389.png
1f44f.png
1f44d.png
), I picked up my half of my farm share from my friend. It had more zucchini in it and I still hadn't eaten all mine from last week
1f633.png
, so I made chocolate zucchini bread and zucchini carrot muffins. Then I decided to make cauliflower pizza crust and have pizza for dinner. I have the crust in the oven now. So I put a good dent in the veggies, hopefully I can use them all before Friday! Last week my friend was out of town, so we had a full farm share. We used most of it, but even with all the daycare kids, it was more then we could eat in a week.

@cmom , I will be making those cheez-it's soon! Maybe tomorrow? I told my son and he wants us to try it!

1f389.png
1f44f.png
1f44d.png
), I picked up my half of my farm share from my friend. It had more zucchini in it and I still hadn't eaten all mine from last week
1f633.png
, so I made chocolate zucchini bread and zucchini carrot muffins. Then I decided to make cauliflower pizza crust and have pizza for dinner. I have the crust in the oven now. So I put a good dent in the veggies, hopefully I can use them all before Friday! Last week my friend was out of town, so we had a full farm share. We used most of it, but even with all the daycare kids, it was more then we could eat in a week.

Can you freeze zucchini like we do with summer squash?

Congrats on your son's scoring a goal
clap.gif

@cmom , I will be making those cheez-it's soon! Maybe tomorrow? I told my son and he wants us to try it!

1f389.png
1f44f.png
1f44d.png
1f633.png

Chocolate zucchini bread and pizza sound good. WTG on your son's goal!

Back
Top Bottom