Any Home Bakers Here?

Hello,....

I am a Certified Executive Chef with over 20 years of professionnal cooking/baking experience . If you have any questions regarding cooking, or baking I can assist you.Yeast is tricky to work with . But , not so tricky if you have experience . Does anyone GROW Ghost Chili Peppers ? I am in Florida , and they are hard to find here.

Thank You

Chefman007 .
frow.gif
Hello, will look forward to reading some tips and hopefully some secret recipes
wink.png

We have not grown the Ghost Chili Peppers - but a local independent garden center had one really large plant in their green house a few years past. But even my DH who loves hot peppers wouldn't try one of those:)

Welcome Chefman007!

We used to sell the Ghost Peppers in our store (dried, crushed and GP salt). I tried a little bit of one...strange! First it just tastes sort of citrusy and not bad but then the heat comes on. And builds in waves. Yikes!

Never tried growing any, it would be interesting to hear how that works out if you try it.

The pot luck was a lot of fun. Everytime I turned around I saw someone eating a brownie, so that was a great idea. The rolls were also eaten. Best of all, the boys had a blast playing with the other kids and passed out at bedtime
1f44d.png

The pot luck was a lot of fun. Everytime I turned around I saw someone eating a brownie, so that was a great idea. The rolls were also eaten. Best of all, the boys had a blast playing with the other kids and passed out at bedtime
1f44d.png

Glad it turned out well - especially the bedtime pass outs
wink.png

Home baked brownies are always so good - those from any commercial source are often terrible.

1f44d.png
Sounds like a great time!

Brownies are one of the best carry desserts. My SIL always brings them for family gatherings and they don't last long.

Eggplant lasagna Disaster
hit.gif

My eggplants are still producing quite well and decided to try a new recipe - made the mistake of using fresh mushrooms in the layers and it was a wet, sloppy mess..
lau.gif

Should have just sprinkled a few on top, I reckon.

But it was my first experience with Ricotta Cheese - it really has no flavor?

Eggplant lasagna Disaster
hit.gif

My eggplants are still producing quite well and decided to try a new recipe - made the mistake of using fresh mushrooms in the layers and it was a wet, sloppy mess..
lau.gif

Should have just sprinkled a few on top, I reckon.

But it was my first experience with Ricotta Cheese - it really has no flavor?
You have to flavor the ricotta cheese--and add an egg to it.

From the worlds best Lasagna recipe:

. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley(4 tablespoons chopped fresh), and 1/2 teaspoon salt.

I would saute the mushrooms to get the liquid out before using in the Lasagna.

You have to flavor the ricotta cheese--and add an egg to it.

From the worlds best Lasagna recipe:

. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley(4 tablespoons chopped fresh), and 1/2 teaspoon salt.

I would saute the mushrooms to get the liquid out before using in the Lasagna.

Thanks - I should have sautéed those mushrooms - will do that in the future when adding fresh mushrooms not included in an original recipe.

Back
Top Bottom