Any Home Bakers Here?

@appps

Good job on the decorating!

Yeah about that
1f633.png
Apparently the black icing tube in the pantry was in fact icing gel. Did you know icing gel doesn't set? Yup it sure doesn't. When I try and pack them up all their mouths and eyeballs keep coming off
1f602.png

Yeah about that
1f633.png
Apparently the black icing tube in the pantry was in fact icing gel. Did you know icing gel doesn't set? Yup it sure doesn't. When I try and pack them up all their mouths and eyeballs keep coming off
1f602.png

Just one of those holiday mishaps
gig.gif

I bet it won't stop anyone from eating them!

Hey, now they're reduced calorie cookies, right? Those mouths and eyeballs coming off probably saved at least...um....50 calories per cookie. Yeah, that sounds about right
lol.png

They are over rated as helpers. She baked them, then left me to decorate
1f60b.png
Oh and note to self, next time make your own piping icing, don't try and cheat by buying the ready made stuff. Was a bit too thick.

The apricot balls are my personal favourite. Wouldn't be xmas without them :)

Edit to add might need a translation :). I think you call icing sugar powdered sugar? The stuff you use to make icing.

Very nice! Took me longer to figure out they were gingerbread men then Debby
1f60a.png

Wow, its been quite a while since I've been on this thread.......I went to a cookie exchange yesterday day and came home with some chocolate coated no bake peanut butter balls, m&m and pretzel bars, cashew and pecan shortbread balls. The pecans and cashews were in separate ones, my family took pecan balls and someone else brought cashew balls. Snickerdoodles, sugar cookies and I'm forgetting one. But it was fun!

Wow, its been quite a while since I've been on this thread.......I went to a cookie exchange yesterday day and came home with some chocolate coated no bake peanut butter balls, m&m and pretzel bars, cashew and pecan shortbread balls. The pecans and cashews were in separate ones, my family took pecan balls and someone else brought cashew balls. Snickerdoodles, sugar cookies and I'm forgetting one. But it was fun!

Sounds like quite a haul! Enjoy!

Well, I won't be baking to much for the holidays. :lol: We got a bunch of catering and just went to a chocolate shop for sweets for our celebration. Lol!

@appps, love the reindeer! I didn't even realize they were gingerbread men until someone said so. :lol:

Yum! :drool

Last edited:
I am going to bake this:

Chocolate Respberry Swiss roll
Ingredients

For Chocolate Sponge Cake:

6 large eggs

3/4 cup (150g) white granulated sugar

1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract

1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour

1/3 cup (40g) dark cocoa powder

1 teaspoon (4g) baking powder

1/2 cup (60g) confectioner's sugar, for dusting

• For Raspberry Filling:
  • 2 cups (250g) fresh raspberries
    3 tablespoons (45ml) raspberry liqueur, or non-alcoholic syrup.

For Creme Filling:
  • 3/4 cup (175ml) heavy cream, cold
  • 1/2 cup (113g) butter, softened
  • 8 ounces (226g) whipped cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup (118ml) sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 teaspoon (5ml) raspberry extract
Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 12x17 inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper. Spray sides with baking spray; set aside.
  2. Prepare the chocolate sponge cake. Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla into a mixer bowl and whisk on high speed for 5 to 7 minutes, or until eggs are voluminous and white in color. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl: flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Sift the dry ingredients in small increments into the egg and sugar mixture. Fold gently but thoroughly, combining everything together.
  3. Spread the cake batter over the prepared parchment paper. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until top is set. Work quickly with the hot cake: sprinkle the top with confectioner's sugar; this will help prevent your kitchen towel from sticking to the cake. Lay a clean tea towel, kitchen towel or parchment paper over the top, arrange a wire rack or second pan over that and invert the cake. Remove the parchment paper, fold the towel over the edge and gently roll the cake into a log. Set aside to cool completely.
  4. Once cake is cooled, prepare the creme filling. Place all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl: heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, butter, cream cheese and raspberry extract. Mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form. DO NOT OVERMIX! This is important; otherwise, filling will separate. If not assembling cake right away, set the filling into the refrigerator.
  5. Prepare the raspberry filling. Simply combine the fresh raspberries with raspberry liqueur and using a fork, crush the berries into a syrup.
  6. To assemble the cake, unroll the cake log very gently. Top first with raspberry sauce, then add the creme filling, spreading to the edges. Reserve some filling for the top to use as garnish. Gently roll the cake back into a log, starting from the same end.
  7. Garnish the top with reserved filling, fresh raspberries and mint leaves. Place cake roll into the refrigerator to set for a few hours or overnight.

Back
Top Bottom