1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup red wine
4 cups marinara sauce, store-bought or home made
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet warm the olive oil over high heat. Add the shallots and the garlic and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the ground lamb, salt, and pepper. Cook until the lamb has browned and the juices have evaporated. Add the wine, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan using a wooden spoon. Simmer until the wine has reduced by half. Add the marinara sauce and simmer over low heat until the flavors have blended, about 10 minutes. Add the mint and ricotta and stir until mixed. Add the pasta and stir to coat. Serve immediately. I used mozzarella as a sub for the riccotta I didn't have any and Grape juice and Apple cider vinegar for the wine. I Also didn't do the mint my husband not a fan of mint.

1 pound rigatoni pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 shallots, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup red wine
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta.

Meanwhile, in a large skillet warm the olive oil over high heat. Add the shallots and the garlic and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the ground lamb, salt, and pepper. Cook until the lamb has browned and the juices have evaporated. Add the wine, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan using a wooden spoon. Simmer until the wine has reduced by half. Add the marinara sauce and simmer over low heat until the flavors have blended, about 10 minutes. Add the mint and ricotta and stir until mixed. Add the pasta and stir to coat. Serve immediately. I used mozzarella as a sub for the riccotta I didn't have any and Grape juice and Apple cider vinegar for the wine. I Also didn't do the mint my husband not a fan of mint.
sounds yummy

1 pound rigatoni pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 shallots, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup red wine
1/2 cup ricotta cheese

Thanks for the recipe!

I am going to be trying a pulled pork recipe today I had it started in the crock pot last night. So we see how it turns out. The recipe calls for 7-8lb pound shoulder or butt roast, one lemon zested, four cloves garlic minced, one teaspone oregano, one teaspoon salt, two bay leafs, one onion sliced, one teaspoon black pepper, one cup white wine. You mix the zest, minced garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and use them as a rub then put the onions and bay leafs in top, pour in the wine and let it cook for 8-10 hours on low until it's tender. Then you take it out if the juice and put it in a bowl and you let the juice cool in the crock pot you skim the fat from juice(I question this since fat adds flavor) but you take the fat off the roast itself then shred the meat. And add the juice back to it and your done.

The pulled pork was awesome!! It was extremely juicey I had some friends try some they all loved it one out of three wanted to take come home the other two weren't hungry lol. To much cake.

You guys talking about syrup..... There are maple festivals about this time of year when the sap is high. We will be going to one soon, we go from farm to farm and get to see maple syrup in all different stages of being made, and then we stock up for the year with three gallons of syrup and it sells for $60.00 per gallon. Fun day trip, especially for homeschooling families.

You guys talking about syrup..... There are maple festivals about this time of year when the sap is high. We will be going to one soon, we go from farm to farm and get to see maple syrup in all different stages of being made, and then we stock up for the year with three gallons of syrup and it sells for $60.00 per gallon. Fun day trip, especially for homeschooling families.

That sounds like a lot of fun Cuz! I'd like to see how they do it from start to finish...I've read about it but seeing it would be different.

A long time ago I read a story about someone back in the 'olden' days that lived in the NE. One of their childhood treats came when the parents would pour a little freshly made syrup on the snow in thin ribbons that would turn into like a taffy. Funny, I don't remember anything else about that story except the maple treat, it always sounded so good.

I've got 6 trees tapped this year, and boiled down to about 32oz so far. Year before last we did 25 trees, and got probably 2 1/2 or 3 gallons. We gave little jars away to our family members for Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom