Any Home Bakers Here?

That sounds like a lot of fun Cuz! I'd like to see how they do it from start to finish...I've read about it but seeing it would be different.

A long time ago I read a story about someone back in the 'olden' days that lived in the NE. One of their childhood treats came when the parents would pour a little freshly made syrup on the snow in thin ribbons that would turn into like a taffy. Funny, I don't remember anything else about that story except the maple treat, it always sounded so good.

It is so much fun! I think we are going to one this weekend, it is soooo fun.

That sounds like something they did in Little House On The Prairie books. Have you read those?

Today I made this Maple Pound Cake with Maple-Rum Glaze...I'll let you all know how it turned out (it smells wonderful).

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/maple-pound-cake-with-maple-rum-glaze-recipe

Taste test results are in...this one's a keeper!

This is a nicely textured cake, it's not overly sweet, the maple flavor comes through, it tastes kind of buttery and has just enough glaze to really soak in without leaving the cake sitting in a puddle.

I'll be making this one again for sure.

It is so much fun! I think we are going to one this weekend, it is soooo fun.

That sounds like something they did in Little House On The Prairie books. Have you read those?

No, haven't read those but it does sound like something Pa and the girls would do
smile.png

I don't think I will ever be able to read through all the pages! I have had my hands full with other things, so have not been on for months. I tried looking here and there, but I was overwhelmed by how far behind in all the forums I am
1f602.png
. I'm going to look through a bit and maybe see about a recipe to try with the boys this weekend.

I do have some good news...... my sons adoption was finalized on Tuesday!!!! Only took five months longer then expected
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
So I am officially a mom of two and outnumbered by boys! Hahaha!

I don't think I will ever be able to read through all the pages! I have had my hands full with other things, so have not been on for months. I tried looking here and there, but I was overwhelmed by how far behind in all the forums I am
1f602.png
. I'm going to look through a bit and maybe see about a recipe to try with the boys this weekend.

I do have some good news...... my sons adoption was finalized on Tuesday!!!! Only took five months longer then expected
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

Congratulations Alice! Wonderful news for your family.

It's nice to see you back, just squeeze us in when you can the door is always open!

1f602.png

1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
That's wonderful news! Glad to see you back though!
smile.png

Thank you! I am going to make a little more of an effort and do some baking. I've been wanting to do more, I have just been busy and unmotivated. I'm sure you have all been there
1f609.png

Thank you! I am going to make a little more of an effort and do some baking. I've been wanting to do more, I have just been busy and unmotivated. I'm sure you have all been there
1f609.png

Just think Alice...now you have another set of hands to help!
big_smile.png

So hey hey felllow bakers! I am ready to start baking again! I just retired from my full time job at age 42. Now my focus is my 7 & 12 year old, and my husband and chickens. Do you use bread machine or old fashioned method? I don't have a machine, but want to bake!!!!

Back
Top Bottom