Any Home Bakers Here?

I'm prejudiced, I think your blackberries would be better in a peach berry cobbler.
A few years ago, my brother (The Blueberry King) gave me a large bag of blueberries he'd grown. I made blueberry hand pies with some of them. They were really good, if I may say so myself! If I had a bunch of blueberries, I would probably make some more :drool

Edit: Oh, sorry. I didn't realize you've moved on to blackberries. I thought we were still talking about blueberries! Might need a strong cup of coffee to wake me up a bit!
:caf

Last edited:
made me pull a recipe make it tomorrow have a new gas stove going in kenmore 5 burner
style love it was having issues yesterday getting it in there was a tube at the bottom that was crimped against a screw pierced it had to rob one from a dead stove to use got it on taped all orifices leak is now under the floor at the elbow up into the floor

Trying out a new recipe today...Pumpkin Roll. Of course the photo in the magazine looks wonderful, I'll share how mine turned out (the frosting was wonderful)!

Well, the pumpkin roll turned out great! Unfortunately, my old camera died so I bought a new one yesterday on my day off work. Today, I'm back to work only to find out the pumpkin roll was polished off yesterday! So, no photo but here's the recipe (I found it in a magazine, "America's Test Kitchen, Great American Cakes".

Pumpkin Roll

1 cup (4 oz) cake flour, sifted
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
5 large eggs
1 cup (7 oz) sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
Confectioners sugar
3 Cups Fluffy Cream Cheese Frosting

Preheat oven to 350*. Grease 18"x13" rimmed baking sheet and line with greased parchment paper.

Whisk flour, pie spice, baking soda and salt together; set aside. At medium-high speed, beat eggs and sugar until pale yellow and thick, about 6-10 minutes. Add pumpkin puree and mix on low speed until incorporated. Fold in flour mixture until combined. Spread batter evenly in prepared sheet.

Bake until cake is form and springs back when touched, about 15 minutes. While cake is warm, run knife around edge of cake to loosen, then turn out onto clean sheet of parchment that has been dusted with confectioner sugar. Gently peel off parchment attached to cake and discard.

Starting from 1 long side of cake, roll cake and fresh parchment into log and let cool completely, about 1 hour.

Gently unroll cake and spread with frosting, leaving 1" border at edges. Reroll cake snugly, leaving parchment behind. Wrap cake firmly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 1 hour or up to 2 days. Remove plastic, dust with confectioners sugar.

Fluffy Cream Cheese Frosting
(makes 3 cups)
Note: Let the cream cheese soften at room temperature for at least 15 minutes. Do not soften in the microwave or frosting will be runny.

8 Tab unsalted butter, softened
1 cup (8 oz) confectioners sugar
8 oz cream cheese, cut into 8 pieces and softened
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Using mixer at medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add cream cheese, 1 piece at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. Add vanilla and mix until no lumps remain.

This cake is wonderful (it tastes like Thanksgiving!) and it looks so cool with that coiled, swirly look.

Well, the pumpkin roll turned out great! Unfortunately, my old camera died so I bought a new one yesterday on my day off work. Today, I'm back to work only to find out the pumpkin roll was polished off yesterday! So, no photo but here's the recipe (I found it in a magazine, "America's Test Kitchen, Great American Cakes".

Pumpkin Roll

2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
5 large eggs
1 cup (7 oz) sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
Confectioners sugar

Preheat oven to 350*. Grease 18"x13" rimmed baking sheet and line with greased parchment paper.

Whisk flour, pie spice, baking soda and salt together; set aside. At medium-high speed, beat eggs and sugar until pale yellow and thick, about 6-10 minutes. Add pumpkin puree and mix on low speed until incorporated. Fold in flour mixture until combined. Spread batter evenly in prepared sheet.

Bake until cake is form and springs back when touched, about 15 minutes. While cake is warm, run knife around edge of cake to loosen, then turn out onto clean sheet of parchment that has been dusted with confectioner sugar. Gently peel off parchment attached to cake and discard.

Starting from 1 long side of cake, roll cake and fresh parchment into log and let cool completely, about 1 hour.

Gently unroll cake and spread with frosting, leaving 1" border at edges. Reroll cake snugly, leaving parchment behind. Wrap cake firmly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 1 hour or up to 2 days. Remove plastic, dust with confectioners sugar.

(makes 3 cups)
Note: Let the cream cheese soften at room temperature for at least 15 minutes. Do not soften in the microwave or frosting will be runny.

Using mixer at medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add cream cheese, 1 piece at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. Add vanilla and mix until no lumps remain.

This cake is wonderful (it tastes like Thanksgiving!) and it looks so cool with that coiled, swirly look.
Thanks!
Perfect for Halloween

Pumpkin Roll

2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
5 large eggs
1 cup (7 oz) sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
Confectioners sugar

(makes 3 cups)

Mmmm! Looks delicious!

Thanks!
Perfect for Halloween

Ron, another one in the same magazine would be fun for Halloween too. They baked 2 bundt pan cakes (spice cake if I remember correctly), flipped one cake upside down and topped it with the other bundt. They frosted it with orange frosting, and used a cupcake for the "handle" on top (frosted green).

Ron, another one in the same magazine would be fun for Halloween too. They baked 2 bundt pan cakes (spice cake if I remember correctly), flipped one cake upside down and topped it with the other bundt. They frosted it with orange frosting, and used a cupcake for the "handle" on top (frosted green).
I will look for that!

well first time we had the new stove hooked up no leaks it started on fire gas pouring out of it :ducI ran to shut off the tank BF was outside saying HUH WHATS UP? FIRE!!!! James had grabbed the extinguisher to put it out and making mess from hell... 4 hours later white is gone :confused: stove is in the garage :hmm old electric back in the house :hit
phone this morning appliance store called this morning I had called yesterday a tad stressed :rolleyes: their appliance repair guy is bringing a brand new stove tomorrow we had bought a cool 5 burner but 3 years old it will be a 5 burner also new we went to the right place:yesss:

Back
Top Bottom