Any Home Bakers Here?

I have baked in a Nesco, but never in a crock-pot. Wait, I made Molten Lava cake in a crock-pot - it was a recipe specifically for being made in a crock-pot. It was so good- the edges were almost crispy and the gooey, fudgy center was to die for. I think the new crockpot I got has cake recipes in it.

I'd love to see a recipe for that Lava cake if you still have it. That sounds wonderful!

So I tried to bake 5-Ingredient Turtle Bars in the crock pot. Disaster! Even baking for a short time, the edges burnt badly, the center didn't get done and getting it out of the crock pot was a total mess.

Back to the drawing board on this one, lol.

So I tried to bake 5-Ingredient Turtle Bars in the crock pot. Disaster! Even baking for a short time, the edges burnt badly, the center didn't get done and getting it out of the crock pot was a total mess.

Back to the drawing board on this one, lol.
is it an old recipe? Low on a crockpot is hotter now then it used to be. The Instant pot has low, normal and high for this reason,

is it an old recipe? Low on a crockpot is hotter now then it used to be. The Instant pot has low, normal and high for this reason,

I don't know how old the recipe is...it came from a new magazine but that might not mean the recipe is new.

I think I might like to try the recipe again but next time, bake it in the oven. The burnt parts that were done were good.

Back
Top Bottom