Any Home Bakers Here?

My mom blew carrots all over the kitchen ceiling once... They went through the steam valve when she took the weight off!

Mine is new and while you can't take the LID off, you can still remove the weight and release the pressure while it is hot. You CAN get food blown through the valve when you remove the weight. What I do is throw a towel over the top of the lid and remove the weight with the towel over top, this helps keep from burning me with steam and also keeps any food in the steam from hitting the ceiling, it's all trapped in the towel. Once the weight is off, I transfer the pot to my sink and run water over the lid until it's coolish to touch and with the weight off, there is no pressure and you can open it.

I don't think you should remove the pressure weight until the pot has cooled - DH runs it under cold water until the hissing stops :)

If an instant pot is what I think it is, I've already asked Santa/DH for one for Christmas. Blooie is the person that first told me about them. (Boy, do I miss that lady)

She is traveling and having a fun time somewhere. Hope she will check in from time to time.

My Instant pot takes the place of the old rice cooker. I have used it for slow cooking and the great thing about it is those recipes that want you to saute and then slow cook. This will saute and then slow cook. If you need to thicken a sauce at the end, you hit saute to get up to boiling. Regular slow cookers say to put on high but that can take half an hour for the cornstarch to convert.

I use mine mostly for pressure cooking though. Last week I made a two hour marinara sauce in 30 minutes. It was one of the best marinara sauces too

Getting jealous of the Instant Pot - it sounds awesome. May have to ask Santa for one if I can get rid of something else to find a place to put it :)

You had to mention marinara sauce didn't you ;) Got me wanting it :(

Seem to have kicked the bug in the pants or maybe just needed a recharge Thank you

Glad you're feeling better, maybe you need more than one day for you.

naw get out clean the birds make a little screen door to protect young peeps and silkies
from the outside predators (our outside kitties) who will eat the small so larger can go outside in the new coop

The one I have is a slow cooker, rice cooker and pressure cooker.
I got an electric slow cooker/pressure cooker, but I don't like the shape of it. It's tall rather than wide. I like my oval slow cooker for lamb shanks. Also, I like the other one because it has a normal glass lid and I can look inside....

My slow cooker is one of the few things that I actually use. I'm too tired to make anything else. Chuck it all in, leave it, food comes out.

I got an electric slow cooker/pressure cooker, but I don't like the shape of it. It's tall rather than wide. I like my oval slow cooker for lamb shanks. Also, I like the other one because it has a normal glass lid and I can look inside....

My slow cooker is one of the few things that I actually use. I'm too tired to make anything else. Chuck it all in, leave it, food comes out.
I have the clear lid to use for using as a crock pot.

61o0jsBW26L._SL1500_.jpg

I like the smaller size since There are only three of us at home now.

I can open mine if doing slow cooking, the lid isn't the major reason I prefer the other (shape is), it just adds to why I've never bonded to the other appliance. It's funny how you just like some things, and other things not so much.
I know!

Of course I have 4 slow cookers now

Back
Top Bottom