Any Home Bakers Here?

Hi there :frow

I have never had the patience or skill to make bread. It's something that caused me much frustration because my mom makes the best bread ever and I just can't seem to get it.

It's time to figure it out. I've invited her down for lunch with us around Easter and I'd like to surprise her with homemade bread. I hope you all don't mind if I ask questions.

I have never had the patience or skill to make bread. It's something that caused me much frustration because my mom makes the best bread ever and I just can't seem to get it.

It's time to figure it out. I've invited her down for lunch with us around Easter and I'd like to surprise her with homemade bread. I hope you all don't mind if I ask questions.
I have been baking bread since I was 12 years old LOL.

Bread baking takes time because of the raising. The active time is not that bad

It is great that you will be baking bread for your Mom!

Here's a pic of the pumpkin rolls I made for V-day. The recipe made 18 huge rolls!

IMG_5655.JPG

Ask all the questions you want IM! What bread are you going to make for your mom? Good for you on figuring it out :thumbsup

To make mushroom soup from this, you add 8oz of mushrooms:

Homemade Condensed, Cream of "Anything" Soup.
Author: This Old Gal
Recipe type: Condiment
Cuisine: American
Serves: 10 oz
Ingredients
1 cup Cold Milk
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
1½ Tablespoons Butter
1 teaspoon Chicken Bouillon (or any flavor you like)
½ teaspoon Sea Salt
Dash of pepper
Instructions
In a small saucepan, whisk milk and cornstarch 1. until well blended.
2. Stir in butter, bouillon, salt, and pepper.
3. Heat to a boil, stirring frequently.
4. Simmer on low for one minute more to thicken.
Notes
Use in recipes to replace one can of condensed cream of soup.

Thanks for the recipe, had never considered making these.

Thanks! You're right, the girl who laid her first egg in the pen is now using the nesting boxes. In fact, this morning I sat out there with them for a little while, and after she had eaten, she promptly marched into the coop and hunkered down in one of the nest boxes to do her duty!

:jumpy Glad she figured it out.

:frow Just wondering, have you ever asked your mom to help you learn?

Personally I regret not spending more time with my mom in the kitchen when she was still with us. And even if you can absolutely duplicate the things she bakes, somehow they are never exactly the same. So, I would suggest picking a bread to try that she does not bake?

There are so many different types of breads and IMO some easier than others. I use a bread machine to do the mixing and first rise - which is also easier and more predictable for me. But almost everyone else here does it all the "hard" way ;).

Are there specifics about what has been frustrating or what have you tried that didn't turn out?

Here's a pic of the pumpkin rolls I made for V-day. The recipe made 18 huge rolls!

View attachment 1265357

:drool Lovely, I was hoping you would post the pic.

Back
Top Bottom