Any Home Bakers Here?

These are the two recipes I use. The crazy cake recipe makes super moist cupcakes. In bowls I mix all the dry ingredients together in one, all the wet ingredients together in another and then combine the two. Do not over mix! I don’t do all the holes as it’s unnecessary. The marble cupcake recipe I leave out the chocolate step and just use the vanilla batter. They turn out well.
View attachment 1779824 View attachment 1779825
Have these been posted before?

Okay, I learned something interesting.

So, one the fish I caught, was a stocked trout. The other one, the very big one was a wild one. Here's a picture of them.

View attachment 1779867

It's like David and Goliath! I then start a processing them, and I noticed something interesting. The meat on the stocked trout was a different color than the meat on the wild one.

View attachment 1779868

We decided to cook each trout the same way, and taste to see if there really is a difference between the taste of a stocked trout and the taste of a wild trout.

Believe it or not, the wild trout actually tasted a lot more flavorful and a lot more moist than the stocked trout. Everybody in my family noticed.

So, there is a difference in taste when it comes to trout from the wild and trout that were farm-raised.

Jared
Nice Experiment!

Okay, I learned something interesting.

So, one the fish I caught, was a stocked trout. The other one, the very big one was a wild one. Here's a picture of them.

View attachment 1779867

It's like David and Goliath! I then start a processing them, and I noticed something interesting. The meat on the stocked trout was a different color than the meat on the wild one.

View attachment 1779868

It's the same with grass grown back yard poultry. Critters of all sorts who are allowed to express themselves as nature intended taste better and are often more juicy.

We decided to cook each trout the same way, and taste to see if there really is a difference between the taste of a stocked trout and the taste of a wild trout.

Believe it or not, the wild trout actually tasted a lot more flavorful and a lot more moist than the stocked trout. Everybody in my family noticed.

So, there is a difference in taste when it comes to trout from the wild and trout that were farm-raised.

Jared

Have these been posted before?
No ron. Went looking for them earlier and no joy.

ETA: Jarred, the older the bird, the more flavorful the bird but it's a trade off between tenderness and flavor. My CXs and BBW Turkeys taste way better than anything you can buy in a store because they spend their life as nature intended after the first three weeks. Fresh grass and bugs daily and lots of sunshine.

My stewing hens have tons of flavor but but need to be cooked low and slow to tenderize the meat. My old cockerels do well in a pressure cooker and taste fantastic. Oh, btw, did I mention that I like food?

No ron. Went looking for them earlier and no joy.

ETA: Jarred, the older the bird, the more flavorful the bird but it's a trade off between tenderness and flavor. My CXs and BBW Turkeys taste way better than anything you can buy in a store because they spend their life as nature intended after the first three weeks. Fresh grass and bugs daily and lots of sunshine.

My stewing hens have tons of flavor but but need to be cooked low and slow to tenderize the meat. My old cockerels do well in a pressure cooker and taste fantastic. Oh, btw, did I mention that I like food?
I will add them soon

20190517_193947.jpg

Dang it, I forgot to post a picture. This is all that's left.

These are the two recipes I use. The crazy cake recipe makes super moist cupcakes. In bowls I mix all the dry ingredients together in one, all the wet ingredients together in another and then combine the two. Do not over mix! I don’t do all the holes as it’s unnecessary. The marble cupcake recipe I leave out the chocolate step and just use the vanilla batter. They turn out well.
View attachment 1779824 View attachment 1779825
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom