Any Home Bakers Here?

Wow, I can't believe that I have not shared the recipe for Treasure Chest Bars! I will post the recipe tonight, when I am home. They are super easy, and very good. Basically, a pan bar with walnuts, chocolate chips and diced Marashino Cherries. Drizzled with a simple Cherry juice and Powdered sugar glaze, they can look fairly fancy.
Cut into smallish pieces because they are fairly rich, they are always a big hit!

Edditted to add: They also freeze very well, without drying out at all. My Mom used to make them ahead of time and freeze them until needed. Adding the drizzle after they were thawed.

Looking forward to seeing the recipe!

Never heard of them, but they sound good!

Alright so yesterday we had a potato salad I made was so good the guys finished it tonight I had green peas with mine
001.jpg
005.jpg
004.jpg

Here's the cake and it's delicious! Definitely will be making this again (with only 1/2 the frosting :lol: )

View attachment 1791364

Double Caramel Bundt Cake
For the cake:
3 sticks (1 1/2 Cup) unsalted butter at room temp
2 Cups packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 Cups granulated white sugar
6 large eggs at room temp
3 1/2 Cup AP flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 Cups whole milk at room temp

For the frosting (this is the 1/2 recipe)
1/2 stick (4 Tablespoons) unsalted butter
1/2 Cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 Cup milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 Cups confectioners' sugar

1. Preheat oven to 325*
2. Grease a bundt pan with butter and dust lightly with flour.
3. In one bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
4. In a stand mixer bowl, cream 3 sticks of butter at medium speed for 2 minutes until creamy & soft
5. Add the light brown and white sugar to the butter and mix well until smooth, about 5 minutes.
6. Reduce mixer speed to medium/low and add eggs, one at a time, mixing about 15 seconds after each addition.
7. Reduce speed to low and add the flour mixture and 1 1/2 Cups milk alternately, in 3 batches, beginning and ending with flour. Beat until smooth, about 3 minutes.
8. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a weeded skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes. Do not overbake.
9.Remove cake from oven and let cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes. Loosen edges with a small knife, then turn onto the rack to let cool completely.

For the frosting:
10. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
11. Add dark brown sugar and whisk constantly until mixture is bubbling and smooth and butter is completely incorporated, about 3 minutes.
12. Remove from heat and whisk in 1/2 Cup milk. Let mixture cool. Stir in the vanilla, then gradually add the confectioners' sugar and stir until well blended and smooth.
13. Transfer cake to a cake plate and frost. Let stand for at least 2 hours before slicing.

I cant believe I almost missed this. :drool

Back
Top Bottom