Any Home Bakers Here?

Oh, you have Lavender Orpingtons? Lucky you! I've been wanting some of those for a few years now. So pretty, but expensive. :( Are they as broody as Buff Orpingtons?

Edit - just noticed you said they are 2.5 mo. old, so I guess they wouldn't have gone broody yet - lol.
Actually they were only $3 at Wilco but had to buy straight run. I have one cockerel and one pullet for sure. Not sure about Absalom. Originally thought cockerel but looking more like a pullet now. If I have one of each at least I can get some fertile eggs for you.

Actually they were only $3 at Wilco but had to buy straight run. I have one cockerel and one pullet for sure. Not sure about Absalom. Originally thought cockerel but looking more like a pullet now. If I have one of each at least I can get some fertile eggs for you.
OMG - that would be great! Now if one of our hens would just go broody...

So, on my four days off work, I usually try making a few extra meals and store them in the fridge/freezer for the weekend when I work. Frankly, after being gone for 14 hours a day, I don't feel like coming home and cooking, but we still enjoy having a home-cooked meal on those days. Today I tried a new recipe by Chef John (don't know if anyone here is familiar with him?), it's called American Goulash. After it cools off, I will store it for the weekend.
20191119_183636.jpg

So, on my four days off work, I usually try making a few extra meals and store them in the fridge/freezer for the weekend when I work. Frankly, after being gone for 14 hours a day, I don't feel like coming home and cooking, but we still enjoy having a home-cooked meal on those days. Today I tried a new recipe by Chef John (don't know if anyone here is familiar with him?), it's called American Goulash. After it cools off, I will store it for the weekend.
View attachment 1962846
I love American Goulash! And that one looks really good!

View attachment 1962846
What is in the jars?

You're welcome!

:)

Super Recipe....thanks for posting. Will make soon. I always
make soup. My favorite food. Hubby does not like. That is ok
more for me.

Let me know how it goes! My DH was never a soup person till I started making soup lol

Thanks for that great recipe.

You're welcome!

Tomorrow, I'll be doing a double batch of split pea and ham soup. I have the peas soaking and the ham thawing :)

Back
Top Bottom