Any Home Bakers Here?

One of our favorites, we just wing the dough do you have a favorite recipe for it?

Quick and Easy Pizza Crust
A great pizza dough recipe when you don't want to wait for the dough to rise. You just mix it and allow it to rest for 5 minute. It yields a soft, chewy crust. I recommend bread flour and bake it on a pizza stone, all-purpose flour will work well too. The last time I made this recipe I used all-purpose flour because I was out of bread flour and it turned out great.

Ingredients
1 package active dry yeast
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 cup hot tap water
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt

Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.

Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.

Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker's peel dusted with cornmeal. Spread with desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.

A great pizza dough recipe when you don't want to wait for the dough to rise. You just mix it and allow it to rest for 5 minute. It yields a soft, chewy crust. I recommend bread flour and bake it on a pizza stone, all-purpose flour will work well too. The last time I made this recipe I used all-purpose flour because I was out of bread flour and it turned out great.

Ingredients
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 cup hot tap water
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt

Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.

Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker's peel dusted with cornmeal. Spread with desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Thanks for that recipe @cmom ! This is something I have not made for us yet. Want to learn.

It is regular pizza dough but it stays out on the counter all day. That makes the dough very tasty!
Mine is similar to yours I just don't measure anything and use body heat(seasonal) or the Texas heat to get 3-4 rises and takes 6-8 hours to rise, beat down and knead, and sub in milk for water if doing pan pizza. Still going to try that quick method at least once. I'm lazy with the handwashing and cleaning the kitchen so use 1 or 2.5 gallon ziplock slider bags so I never need to touch the dough or wash utensils.

Ingredients
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 cup hot tap water
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt

Directions

This is very close to what I make.

Make it in the morning and put it into a gallon size ziplock bag. 8 to 10 hours later it will make pizza crust similar to the pizza place.

Also, I use 1.5 cups of water, teaspoon and a half of salt. I do not pay attention to the flour just add it until if forms a ball in the mixer. It seems like it was a bit over 4 cups but like was posted earlier, flour in bread recipes are not precise in cups. It is more precise in recipes that use weight measure for amounts

Mine is similar to yours I just don't measure anything and use body heat(seasonal) or the Texas heat to get 3-4 rises and takes 6-8 hours to rise, beat down and knead, and sub in milk for water if doing pan pizza. Still going to try that quick method at least once. I'm lazy with the handwashing and cleaning the kitchen so use 1 or 2.5 gallon ziplock slider bags so I never need to touch the dough or wash utensils.
Yes! The only thing I really measure is the water to make sure I add enough salt. It is one teaspoon per cup. I adjust the amount of water to match the pizzas I am making. Each cup makes a large pizza. Lately I have been making medium pizzas so 1.5 cups of water makes the right amount of dough

Back
Top Bottom