Any Home Bakers Here?

I have never made this recipe before, so it will be a first. I hope it turns out good. Also making sourdough banana bread tomorrow. I just love anything sourdough and surprised at the variety of things to make.

My BYC family peaked my interest in sourdough a few years ago and I have discovered so many different things that can be made with sourdough. Thanks to everyone...

Sorry to just jump in here, but my kids are baking today. They're grinding walnuts & noticing some of them have a bit of a slight orange tint to them. Its a brand new bag from Costco. We buy a lot of nuts from there, but never seen this before.
:idunno
Does anybody know what this is or maybe seen this before. They look fine otherwise & taste fine....

Sorry to just jump in here, but my kids are baking today. They're grinding walnuts & noticing some of them have a bit of a slight orange tint to them. Its a brand new bag from Costco. We buy a lot of nuts from there, but never seen this before.
:idunno
Does anybody know what this is or maybe seen this before. They look fine otherwise & taste fine....

I've seen that sometimes in the past too Roomy. No idea what causes it, will be interested in seeing if anyone knows.

The mortar & pestle they were using was washed before they started using it, but out of good measure they washed it again. There were no more tinted nuts in there after the second wash. Coincidence? I don't know. :confused: The put the orange nuts in a separate bowl away from the non orange & wont use them, just in case. Very weird! I'm glad these cookies are just for us. If we were handing them out I'd feel obligated to toss the bag & buy a new one.

Its possible there are elves in my house grinding Cheetos while we sleep, but the 1st wash should've removed any trace of that. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom