Any Home Bakers Here?

See I'm just thinking about for grilled cheese sandwiches the one to one and a half pound Pullman seems the right size bread to make perfect grilled cheese from those American slices or deli slices.
The pullman pan would be good for even sized bread for grilled cheese.

Make sure to use a bread recipe sized for the pullman pans of course

make perfect grilled cheese from those American slices
Please, there is no way to make a perfect grilled cheese without using real cheese! We use white cheddar (because orange cheese is just so wrong, nothing natural about that). It melts quite well. I'm also a fan of garlic powder on the cheese. DW is too but only when she make HER sandwich with Jarlsberg.

OK here is my second shot at making bread. This one has more holes and is half whole wheat. I made 2 loaves figuring it is easier to freeze one if not eaten soon but forgot that this recipe only had 3 cups of flour, not 5 like the last one.

After rising overnight
DSCN1938.JPG

After spiral folding
DSCN1939.JPG

After proofing (room temp)
DSCN1945.JPG
Ready for the oven
DSCN1946.JPG

Baked, 205°F interior temp
DSCN1947.JPG

Tastes good.
DSCN1948.JPG

So I'm real curious. I really want to buy a Pullman pan with a lid for bread. Does anyone have one and swear by it and does it do a good job of steaming the bread as it bakes?

Web restaurant store. Com had sent me a savings code and I was checking those out.

I've seen those Pullman pans on the King Arthur site and the 2 sizes they sell have high customer ratings. It would be nice to be able to make nice square sandwich bread sometimes.

Here's a link to a blog about them...they recommend removing the lid during the last 15 minutes of baking to release accumulated steam.
theres-more-to-this-pan-than-pain-de-mie

If you get one, let us know how you like the pan!

Back
Top Bottom