Any Home Bakers Here?

Wasps and bees are not the same thing to me. I would kill a wasp in a heart beat!!! :lol:
The Sand Wasps are pollinators and solitary. I did enjoy watching the Kingbirds taking them out of the air when they were going after the Russian Olive blossoms.

I have no idea what it would take to get a sand wasp to sting. They have never offered to sting me even when I am bothering them when they are on a flower. They just ignore me and move to a different blossom.

The Sand Wasps are pollinators and solitary. I did enjoy watching the Kingbirds taking them out of the air when they were going after the Russian Olive blossoms.

I have no idea what it would take to get a sand wasp to sting. They have never offered to sting me even when I am bothering them when they are on a flower. They just ignore me and move to a different blossom.
I don't think I've ever seen a sand wasp, or even heard of it. The wasps we have here will definitely sting, and I've never seen them pollenate anything, however I have seen them suck all the juice out of my blackberries! :rant

I don't think I've ever seen a sand wasp, or even heard of it. The wasps we have here will definitely sting, and I've never seen them pollenate anything, however I have seen them suck all the juice out of my blackberries! :rant
Sand Wasp on Gumweed
full

Sand Wasp on an aster
full

Sand Wasp on milkweed
full

They come in both black and white and black and yellow. The black and yellow are more common. The big ones are about 1 1/2" long.

This is funny, Grandma cooked veg perfectly, soft with a bit of crunch and loaded with flavor, Mom bought into the kill your veg marketing... When I cooked for the family, and I did it a lot, I did it grandma's way. Mom would yell at me, but by golly she still ate them. Hmmm, even as a youngster, I knew to trust Grandma over the government. :gig

Okay, back to bread. I'm calling this loaf a win, even though there are still things I need to improve upon. I think it was too stiff from the description on the KA site. I'm thinking too much bread flour. So next shot, I'm going to pull it out of the kitchen aid as soon as it forms a ball, oil not flour my counter and use the traditional stretch and fold method for kneading. I'm going to tent the bread at 15 rather than 20 minutes and I need to work on my tenting technique. That bread pan is HOT and foil is WAY to conductive... So game plan is to make the tent on three sides before it goes into the oven, then slide the tent over and seal. This will give me a lighter crust. My goal is to make bread from what I have in the pantry without needing to add special stuff. Here's the results, smells and tastes fantastic. Oh, and forgive the hole from my temp probe.

View attachment 2052892View attachment 2052894View attachment 2052896
The bread looks very good!

It might have been baked a bit long or at too high of a temp. for tender bread, 350 to 375 is good. I pop the bread in and wait until about 3\4 done and add a temp probe. I take the bread out when it gets to 205 internal temp

Back
Top Bottom