Any Home Bakers Here?

View attachment 2571907
It looks good from the top picture, but.....
View attachment 2571909
It looks really dense on the inside... My husband called this my first baking failure (although no one has tried it, yet)... I want to say it's a learning experience, but I'm not sure what I'm learning. My first thought is the bowl I used for the final rise was too big and me reshaping it this morning was unnecessary (and destroyed any structure it might have had).
Any other ideas?
You did a beautiful job scoring! Very pretty!

I ordered a batard basket because I thought that shape might be a more sandwich friendly shape. It got delivered on Sunday and I had dough in that thing before the Amazon van made it out of the driveway. Almost...I didn’t think about baking it in something oblong or oval, I used the same covered cast iron skillet I’ve been using for the boules.
D9FED628-486C-4BA0-BAE5-D0F638C1CF51.jpeg
I did find an oval roaster I’ll try next time!

I ordered a batard basket because I thought that shape might be a more sandwich friendly shape. It got delivered on Sunday and I had dough in that thing before the Amazon van made it out of the driveway. Almost...I didn’t think about baking it in something oblong or oval, I used the same covered cast iron skillet I’ve been using for the boules. View attachment 2572096I did find an oval roaster I’ll try next time!
I am looking into getting a ceramic baking pan too!

Back
Top Bottom