Any Home Bakers Here?

That is beautiful. I have seen professional chefs make small batches of mozz in even less time than that on tv, I think. It seems to take really hot water. I'd like to try it but I'm going to get some good sturdy gloves first, lol!

Made homemade pizza for dinner
20220227_183905.jpg

Most likely Friday, I will be making FLAN for a weekend Fiesta here at the corral.
I never made it before,, except the Instant Jello variety. I would call that poor-mans flan, or desperation flan:old :gig

This is the recipe I will be going with. Already have all necessary ingredients on hand :highfive:
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/44497/baked-flan/

My question to anyone here that has experience with flan. :caf
I do like to vary recipes a little, to my liking. Was thinking of adding a jigger of Captain Morgan to the mix. I have done that to cakes that I baked previews times. It adds a nice hint of flavor:drool:drool The alcohol portion evaporates in the baking process,, so no one gets a buzz. :D Also thought of adding some corn starch to the mix. That would stiffen the final product. I of course will refrigerate for over a day. Then flip over onto a plate.
Any ideas ??
This is what I hoping to end up with. :drool:drool:drool
View attachment 3003334
I'm quoting my post because I'm updating my effort,, as a SUCCESS. :thumbsup
Here is play by play. The only things I changed from the recipe. I did add a couple jiggers of Captain Morgan,, and I added about one tablespoon of corn starch.
The browned caramelized sugar I poured onto bottom of bowl.
IMG_20220224_173739_4.jpg

Baked in oven in a water bath. First set for 1 hour. I looked at it, and decided was not set all that firm,, so left in over for additional 20 minutes. Then turned oven off, and returned when all was cool.

IMG_20220224_185822_5.jpg

This is how it looked when out of oven and cooled.
IMG_20220224_215257_2.jpg
IMG_20220224_215306_1.jpg

Was refrigerated until Fiesta time. I used a knife along edge to loosen from bowl. Then tipped over upside-down , and convinced to fall out
IMG_20220227_174358_4.jpg

Yum Yum Yum :drool:drool:drool Everybody like it.

Egg tarts turned out well. Posting the recipe so I can screen shot it to keep for myself.

Egg tart. 7 eggs wisked. 700ml milk wisked into eggs, 1/4 cup of sugar wisked in eggs.

Nutmeg on top.

Bake 15 mins 200.C then 10 mins 180.C
Use what ever pastry you like to bake with.
Makes upto 3 tarts, or 2 large tarts and mini ones with the left over mixture.

Just to be sure, because I've never heard of this... 1/2 cup of dry, uncooked beans, like pinto beans. Plus salt. Plus water to head space line. Then process as you indicated.

Because, wow, this would be a fantastic thing for me.

Does this help at all with the gassy attribute of beans?
yup. A can of beans costs about the same as a pound of dry and you get 6 or 7 cans out of a pound of beans depending on the size of the bean. Doesn't change the gassy properties. Just makes it convenient to have beans ready to go.
So ... if I use wide-mouth quart-size jars, I would use a whole cup of beans? And I don't have to pre-soak or par-cook the beans. Wonderful. Thanks. I understand if I do quarts the timing may be different, but I'm sure I can find that info on Linda's pantry. Thank you so much!
I think cook time for quarts is 90 minutes, but look it up to be certain.

Back
Top Bottom