Any Home Bakers Here?

Hi everyone!

Yesterday was CHAOTIC. Grandparents were driving down from Spokane WA to look into moving in with us due to rising memory issues. They were opposed to moving in with us at first, but after an “event” yesterday, they both realized and admitted they need help and need to move in with us.

What is this “event?” Well, they took the wrong road at the VERY START of the drive, and we didn’t learn that they did until 40 minutes after they left, and it took them 13 HOURS to get here, as opposed to 7.5 hours, even though I gave them WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS of how to get here.

Grandma also forgot her MEDS, of all things, and we had to scramble to get info to the nearest pharmacy to get them for her. We got them in the end.

Grandpa also forgot what hotel he was staying at and how to get there, AFTER arriving.

I didn’t think their memory issues were THIS bad. Makes me feel a little sad for them.

They will NOT be driving themselves back to Spokane WA on Monday. I will drive them back myself for their safety and fly back Tuesday.

Going to get some sourdough ready for tomorrow.

Jared
Definitely not good!

Have they been evaluated? Dementia sometimes has a cause that can be treated.

The sourdough bread turned out nice today!

1646607426959.jpeg

A while ago, someone posted something about using some kind of ring around their sourdough loaf in the Dutch oven as it baked, to give it some support. So it would be a little taller. With my GF sourdough, getting a little taller loaf would be really nice; mine look like they've been stepped on.

What could I use? I have a spring form pan, but I doubt the ring is rated for 450-500 degrees.

Since I use a silicone mat to lift it into the DO, would a silicone ring be a good idea...? I might find something in the Instant Pot accessory section of the store.

Definitely not good!

Have they been evaluated? Dementia sometimes has a cause that can be treated.

No, they have not been evaluated. To be honest, I don’t think they’ll go to evaluation easily.

I don’t think it’s dementia. I think it’s just age related memory issues.

Anyway, I’m driving them back up to Spokane WA tomorrow.
Jared

No, they have not been evaluated. To be honest, I don’t think they’ll go to evaluation easily.

I don’t think it’s dementia. I think it’s just age related memory issues.

Anyway, I’m driving them back up to Spokane WA tomorrow.
Jared
Safe travels! Enjoy the trip! :frow

Company coming today. I will be teaching a lady some basic cooking and baking skills. She currently depends on fast food, Door Dash and the like. Today we are starting with lasagna and a salad. I'm hoping to get together with her once a week. Next week ... bread? :eek: Maybe! Wish us luck! Y'all have a great day!
That's great that you're teaching her some cooking skills, that will get her away from fast food and the like.

Company coming today. I will be teaching a lady some basic cooking and baking skills. She currently depends on fast food, Door Dash and the like. Today we are starting with lasagna and a salad. I'm hoping to get together with her once a week. Next week ... bread? :eek: Maybe! Wish us luck! Y'all have a great day!

I think it is wonderful that you are doing this.

Back
Top Bottom