Any Home Bakers Here?

I don’t know if I told y’all this, but I plan to apply to culinary school sometime in the next two years which has been my lifelong dream. I had something crazy happen to me last week - I went to the party store to get a big box for the big cake, and as I went into the aisle who did I find standing there?

The chef instructor for the subject I want to study at the culinary school I dream of going to.

I was over the moon! She was so impressed with my cake plans for that weekend that she told me to take a picture for my application someday and offered me a personal private tour!
That is FANTASTIC! I am so happy for you!

Posts like this make my day. This is why I love BYC!

Good morning everyone!

Sorry I’ve been absent lately, life’s been crazy in good ways and in bad ways. That’s how it goes, though!

A friend and I made a 17 1/4 lb cake for a church event last weekend. Took 8 hours of work! It was delicious, though.

I don’t know if I told y’all this, but I plan to apply to culinary school sometime in the next two years which has been my lifelong dream. I had something crazy happen to me last week - I went to the party store to get a big box for the big cake, and as I went into the aisle who did I find standing there?

The chef instructor for the subject I want to study at the culinary school I dream of going to.

I was over the moon! She was so impressed with my cake plans for that weekend that she told me to take a picture for my application someday and offered me a personal private tour!

How is everyone doing?

Congrats for you.

Keep your eye on the eprize.

Good morning everyone!

Sorry I’ve been absent lately, life’s been crazy in good ways and in bad ways. That’s how it goes, though!

A friend and I made a 17 1/4 lb cake for a church event last weekend. Took 8 hours of work! It was delicious, though.

How is everyone doing?
That is so cool!
I really considered going to culinary school some years back (pre GF) so can imagine the excitement you must have felt and how much that meant to you.

Ok, a 17+ pound cake??? Wow!

Good morning everyone!

How is everyone doing?
That sounds like an amazing way to meet the Instructor!

Wow @topochico225 that is wonderful!!! Do it now, none of us get younger as the years race by. Plus you have an "in" with the current instructor, that can change if they move on to a different job.
I definitely would if I was in a better financial place! I’ve got plans and a roadmap to apply for the 2023-2024 semester.

Thank you all for your support and well wishes. It means way more than you know. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom