Any Home Bakers Here?

I was thinking of starting a rhubarb patch here. My friends swear by the stuff.

Then again they swear by beets too and mine only ever tasted like dirt. Granted some varieties were more earthy than others, but in general I'm not a fan of the flavor of dirt.

Maybe I should try some rhubarb pie filling first too, before growing it and being disappointed.

I dearly dearly love rhubarb. Ours is coming up now, so when it’s big enough every morning Ken will go out to cut a stalk for me and bring it in for my breakfast. Some people like oranges in the morning, I crave my rhubarb! When we were kids and went to Gramma’s house on Sundays to see them and our cousins, we were allowed to pick rhubarb and sit on her front steps to eat it. She’d bring out a little Tupperware container with sugar in it and all the kids would dip their rhubarb in it. For me she brought out the salt shaker. And that’s how I eat it to this very day.

For me she brought out the salt shaker. And that’s how I eat it to this very day.
We eat rhubarb when we can get our hands on some. I have some growing in the garden,, but not much.
I would definitely have mine sweet.
I was very surprised when I seen peeps eating watermelon with salt sprinkled on top. I just eat watermelon as is.
Blooie,,,,,, how do you have watermelon?

I was thinking of starting a rhubarb patch here. My friends swear by the stuff.

Then again they swear by beets too and mine only ever tasted like dirt. Granted some varieties were more earthy than others, but in general I'm not a fan of the flavor of dirt.

Maybe I should try some rhubarb pie filling first too, before growing it and being disappointed.
Make sure you add strawberries to the pie. @R2elk is very passionate about adding strawberries to rhubarb. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom