Any Home Bakers Here?

Hello bakers! Need some advice. I'll be baking some mini pies for my sister's wedding this fall. I was hoping to make them ahead of time and freeze them, but I'm not sure how long they can be frozen for and still taste okay. Wedding is mid-October, my plan was to freeze them late August/early September (5 to 6 weeks). Going to make 50 total, 3 different kinds: blueberry, apple, and either pecan or pumpkin. Any tips for freezing them would be appreciated as well.

Hello bakers! Need some advice. I'll be baking some mini pies for my sister's wedding this fall. I was hoping to make them ahead of time and freeze them, but I'm not sure how long they can be frozen for and still taste okay. Wedding is mid-October, my plan was to freeze them late August/early September (5 to 6 weeks). Going to make 50 total, 3 different kinds: blueberry, apple, and either pecan or pumpkin. Any tips for freezing them would be appreciated as well.
Usually it is about a month for pies.
You can get more time out of them if you use vacuum bags of some sort.

blueberry, apple, and either pecan or pumpkin. Any tips for freezing them would be appreciated as well.
Give it a testdrive well ahead of time,, and see how they look. Take first set out after 2 weeks. ,,, evaluate. Take second set out after 4 weeks,, and compare.. And take third set out after 6 weeks. Then you can make a judgement what works ideally.
If you have problems eating those test pies,,,, send them by me:drool:drool:drool

Give it a testdrive well ahead of time,, and see how they look. Take first set out after 2 weeks. ,,, evaluate. Take second set out after 4 weeks,, and compare.. And take third set out after 6 weeks. Then you can make a judgement what works ideally.
If you have problems eating those test pies,,,, send them by me:drool:drool:drool
Well I think if I did make a few now, I would have time to test at the 2 week and 4 week mark given when I want to make them. So I'll have to push making them so that it'd be either 4 or 5 weeks frozen, if indeed I find that the test pie still tastes good at the 4 week mark. Given that I'll be trying to vacuum them, I think I could technically send them your way 😂

I knew there was an ulterior motive in there somewhere :gig

Afternoon bakers. My old Nesco multi cooker died and I replaced it with an instant pot. Mostly because the IP pot isn’t non stick, which wasn’t the case with the Nesco.

Anyway, my mom told me I could bake a cake in it so I gave it a try. I did have to purchase a small Bundt pan, 6” and available on Amazon. We’ll see how it tastes, Made a banana glaze for it.
DDA343F8-C98E-4D89-A053-E954AF7A3EDC.jpeg
89F998BF-5F58-4373-920A-D72E1D014E82.jpeg

B5ED3EC7-0ECB-4099-A8C8-DAB4DD81B425.jpeg
834B66CD-C1D4-4A35-9E8B-E43ED7A9BDC3.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom