Any Home Bakers Here?

Jared, how long will everyone be there? If they, or some of them, are staying a few days, you'll need leftovers too. I'd vote for ham and turkey.

I haven't heard of people being allergic to poultry. Thank you for thinking of them. I need to be gluten free (NOT celiac, thank goodness, just sensitive), and it puts a crimp in get together meals.

Hmmm... if cross contamination is an issue, maybe skip the turkey. I hadn't thought of that.

We're going to my in-laws. MIL loves to bake, so maybe she sees GF as a challenge, not a problem. Anyway, I'm taking some recipes for us to possibly try.

Curious now that I have fresh eggs from my own chickens.
Does anyone here pasteurize their eggs for those recipes where eggs are not cooked (liked whipped in a mousse)?
I used to pasteurize them myself when they were store bought. It's an extra step I was thinking I might be able to skip with my own fresh eggs.

You can pasteurize eggs? I didn’t know that!

Curious now that I have fresh eggs from my own chickens.
Does anyone here pasteurize their eggs for those recipes where eggs are not cooked (liked whipped in a mousse)?
I used to pasteurize them myself when they were store bought. It's an extra step I was thinking I might be able to skip with my own fresh eggs.
Not I. I use them as is. Of course I used them as is when I was using bought eggs too.

It's getting really cold here with heavy rain and winds.

Today I have made a rice and lentils mix with plenty of warm spices . Then adding spinach peas and carrots. Today a little chicken was added for our meal today but I will save this and rewarm it tomorrow with eggs. Also lovely with an oil and vinegar salad

I love this kind of basemeal that you can change through the coming day's
That sounds incredibly tasty!

Back
Top Bottom