Any Home Bakers Here?

Anyone have a tried and true (and fabulous) carrot cake recipe? I have made all nature of cakes but this one and have a co-worker/friend who adores carrot cake. Her birthday is coming up and she's going through a really rough time right now, so I was hoping to make this year's birthday treat for her carrot cake.
Carrot cake with pineapple 3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. Baking soda
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pure vanilla or 2 tsp imitation
2 cups grated carrots
11/2 cups vegetable oil
11/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
1 (8oz) can crushed pineapple with juice
3 eggs
1/2 cups toasted coconut
Mix all dry ingredients. Add carrots, oil, pineapple, eggs and vanilla. Mix well; stir in coconut and pecans. Grease and flour a 9x13 baking pan. Pour cake into prepared pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes. Top with your favorite Cream Cheese Frosting.

You gave it a good try though! Where are you going to buy your goose?

I twice got chicks end of April, early May thinking they would start about the time the older girls shut down. They did ... then bailed on me by mid December. I'm back to first week of June chicks!!

How about ALMOST not white? ;) I got 2 AustraWhites (Black Australorp x White Leghorn) chicks from Meyer June 2021. Dang do those girls lay well, and always high end of Large if not XL.

They are, however basically white with the occasional black feather here and there. One has more of a Leghorn comb, the other an Australorp comb so I can easily tell them apart. They are built more like the Leghorn half than the Australorp half.

Of course, now being 1.5 years old, they have shut down for the winter.

The :gig might be on you! The receipt is a lot longer and shows a lot more spent when DW goes to the grocery store with me!!

I have had "winter layers", they never laid in the winter past their first.
I have had winter layers that did lay into the winter for about three years old. Light level makes a big difference though. We have warm winters and the time of too low of light is from mid October to mid February.

Coffee and bread are all I need today ☺️
IMG_0862 Small.jpeg

They are, however basically white with the occasional black feather here and there. One has more of a Leghorn comb, the other an Australorp comb so I can easily tell them apart. They are built more like the Leghorn half than the Australorp half.
Thanks, but anything white or almost-white around here does not seem to last very long. They are the only ones I have ever lost to coyotes. 🙁

I have made my Mom's bread recipe in the past. It makes 5 loaves at a time and can be put in the freezer for later use. Since being diagnosed celiac in 2004, I now bake everything gluten free. If you would like my Mom's bread recipe, I am happy to share it.
In this thread that is what we do :highfive: ... Share/post recipes.
I would LUV:frowto try your moms' recipe.
I am going to try the carrot cake recipe you posted on this page:thumbsup

ronott1

every few days when he gets a chance, adds the recipes to the index on first page.

BTW there are a number of members/readers here that are also gluten free. Share some of those recipes also.

Back
Top Bottom