Any Home Bakers Here?

I did read a blog that claimed that the chocolate starter add flavor to things like pancakes and an extra depth to chocolate desserts.

I would have to try it myself some time to see though.
I did read the blog, and does explain well. I have used a small quantity of cocoa in my breads in times past. That gave a neat visual presentation.. :thumbsup The flavor was just a slight hint of cocoa. Bread was Delish.:drool:drool:drool
These are Yeast raised breads.
After initial kneading, and before first rise, I separated dough into 2 portions. I kneaded the cocoa into one portion. They went thru first rise in separate containers. I rolled them afterwards into 2 separate flat layers. Placed one on top of other,,,,, and rolled up. Second rise,, and then baked.
IMG_20220130_205007_4.jpg
IMG_20220130_205511_2.jpg

I could never stop at a single pancake
Well, it's a BIIIG pancake! I use about 3/4 cup(?) of my sourdough starter, a tablespoon of sugar (because sourdough is, well, sour) and 1/2 teaspoon (or more) of cinnamon, because I loooove cinnamon.

I cook it in my cast iron skillet, using coconut oil for the grease. Butter and honey... mmm mmm!

Well, it's a BIIIG pancake! I use about 3/4 cup(?) of my sourdough starter, a tablespoon of sugar (because sourdough is, well, sour) and 1/2 teaspoon (or more) of cinnamon, because I loooove cinnamon.

I cook it in my cast iron skillet, using coconut oil for the grease. Butter and honey... mmm mmm!
Sounds amazing!!

I make big pancakes too!

One is plenty and two is decadent!

I did read the blog, and does explain well. I have used a small quantity of cocoa in my breads in times past. That gave a neat visual presentation.. :thumbsup The flavor was just a slight hint of cocoa. Bread was Delish.:drool:drool:drool
These are Yeast raised breads.
After initial kneading, and before first rise, I separated dough into 2 portions. I kneaded the cocoa into one portion. They went thru first rise in separate containers. I rolled them afterwards into 2 separate flat layers. Placed one on top of other,,,,, and rolled up. Second rise,, and then baked.
View attachment 3656711View attachment 3656712
It is surprising at how much "sweet" ingredients add to savory dashes.

Back
Top Bottom