Any Home Bakers Here?

IMG_0766.png

1st time I went bobbing for apples, and this was the 1st try. Took the picture from a video my dad took.

I love Halloween!

A question for you bakers...

I have a pumpkin bread recipe that I've used for years. But recently I'm milling my own flour. So I used hard white wheat in my pumpkin bread recipe. It turned out good, BUT... it doesn't rise as much as it would with all-purpose flour.

In fact, this 2nd time using the milled flour, the middle sunk in (see photo). It was fully cooked though and not mushy in the 'sinkhole.'

The recipe only has 1 tsp of baking soda since it's a quick bread. (I did alter the flour amount as recommended for fresh milled.)

So what do you think? Should I increase the amount of baking soda? Any other suggestions?
1697921239607.jpeg

A question for you bakers...

I have a pumpkin bread recipe that I've used for years. But recently I'm milling my own flour. So I used hard white wheat in my pumpkin bread recipe. It turned out good, BUT... it doesn't rise as much as it would with all-purpose flour.

In fact, this 2nd time using the milled flour, the middle sunk in (see photo). It was fully cooked though and not mushy in the 'sinkhole.'

The recipe only has 1 tsp of baking soda since it's a quick bread. (I did alter the flour amount as recommended for fresh milled.)

So what do you think? Should I increase the amount of baking soda? Any
Try adding dry milk powder sounds weird but it works wonders

Back
Top Bottom