Any Home Bakers Here?

Oh, you must! I never eat store bread any more! There's just no comparison. Your house will smell like heaven. Well, first it will smell a little bit like beer if you use yeast, lol ... but while it's baking it will smell like heaven. And when you take it out of the oven, you must resist cutting and eating it while it's hot, it keeps cooking for a bit while it cools. (Some do, though, but you should wait and let it cool at least half an hour, maybe longer.) And eat it with real butter, not margarine. Oh, there is nothing like it! :drool:drool:drool You will be so proud of yourself!
It is nice to not buy bread at the store!

Does sound yum.Pass one to me Please.
If you get one....I want one too. PLEASE. Aria
Sorry, you will have to make your own. These would be stale by the time they got to either of you.

Apple Nut Muffins

1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sucralose
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg - I used a jumbo egg, you could use 2 smaller eggs.
4 Red Delicious apples - 3 apples peeled , cored and grated coarsely and most of the juice squeezed out - 1 apple peeled, cored and sliced.
1 cup whole walnut pieces

In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter, oil, sugar, sucralose and honey. Cream the mixture until smooth. Add the egg to the creamed mixture and mix until creamy. Beat in the grated apple and add the flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix until the batter is smooth.

Fold in sliced apples and walnuts.

Bake at 375° F for approximately 22 to 25 minutes, test with toothpick for doneness.

For this batch I put about a cup of cranberries (fresh or frozen) in a small pot, covered with water and brought them to a boil. Set aside to cool and drained before adding at the end with the apple slices.

It made 11 large muffins for me.

I baked some coffee cakes today. I posted the dough recipe previously. My basic yeast raised dough. Fruit filled so it was yummy.:drool
Multiple pictures so you can get idea of making your own version.
My ingredients, other than the dough.
Sliced plums, sliced strawberries, and Apple slices from a can. and Streusel on bottom of pix
IMG_20231029_145725227.jpg

I pushed the fruit into the dough with my fingers. This dough had a one hour first rise.
IMG_20231029_155229566.jpg

Topped with streusel. Then baked for 35 minutes @ 350°F
IMG_20231029_155510869.jpg

Crass-section,,, Yes,,:yesss:, it is still warm:drool:drool:drool
IMG_20231029_164615017.jpg

The other 3 Amigos. :frow
IMG_20231029_164639706.jpg

Slice with Vanilla ice-cream,,,,, , a la mode :drool:drool:drool
IMG_20231029_164651956.jpg

Guess who just got a woodstove installed in his house?
Is that a trick question?
I will guess that you, Jared, got a wood stove.

Am I right? Do I win a prize? ;)

I need to replace the gaskets on my wood stove today. I've had them since spring but of course there is no high priority to get it done in the spring or summer.

I will still be using the new heat pumps for a while before I crank up the stove. I usually only start it a couple of times in the fall before it is started and run all winter. But first, if this rain will stop, I have more wood to bring into the enclosed porch (it is under a tarp on the front lawn) before blocking the door with a rack of wood. I have a cord of poplar from a tree that broke over in late winter in 3 racks. Not the best burning wood but good for early or late season.

Is that a trick question?
I will guess that you, Jared, got a wood stove.

Am I right? Do I win a prize? ;)

I need to replace the gaskets on my wood stove today. I've had them since spring but of course there is no high priority to get it done in the spring or summer.

I will still be using the new heat pumps for a while before I crank up the stove. I usually only start it a couple of times in the fall before it is started and run all winter. But first, if this rain will stop, I have more wood to bring into the enclosed porch (it is under a tarp on the front lawn) before blocking the door with a rack of wood. I have a cord of poplar from a tree that broke over in late winter in 3 racks. Not the best burning wood but good for early or late season.

This actually poses a question. My stove is burning wood WAY too fast. I mean it goes through a big log in 30 to 40 minutes.

Here are the details:

No baffle plate in the stove yet. Getting one soon.

Pine wood is what we have.

Door has very tiny gap at the top when closed.

Are any of these a problem that causes wood to burn too fast?

Back
Top Bottom