Any Home Bakers Here?

Today I baked 3 recipes from my favorite bread baking book so far: The bread baker’s apprentice

- Potato rosemary dinner rolls - page 229-232 (which actually should have garlic in their name)

View attachment 3691469

- Kaiser buns - pag. 182-185

View attachment 3691474

And stolen - pag 268-273

This recipe I adjustes to how we eat stolen here, I’m experimenting on the right thickness of the almond paste mixure and this time it was too runny. Taste is awesome but it didn’t stay in a roll it got everywhere. No worries, will make this recipe at least once a week until the end of the year. So plenty of room for experimenting ☺️

View attachment 3691476
MORE DELICIOUS LOOKING BAKED THINGS. WOW. GREAT

Had something interesting happen last night with the full moon and the snow we’ve been having.

IMG_1311.jpeg

The exposure on my phone was set a little too high for this photo, but it honestly looked like dusk while the full moon was up. All the moonlight was reflecting off the snow. It even showed the shadows of the trees.

It was pretty interesting.

We are getting our Christmas decorations up. I am also getting more recipes on the plates I’ve been 3d printing. So far, I have the back plate and seven out of 45 pages printed.

IMG_1314.jpeg

I’m also working on an organ arrangement for God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman for church. I’ll post a video when it is done.

Pretty busy here!

Carmel sauce:
200g sugar
59ml water
70g Salted Butter
119g heavy cream
1tsp vanilla
Course sea salt to taste
Pecans

Pie Filling:
8-10 apples (I use Macintosh and Grannysmith)
100g sugar
4g apple pie spice
113g Carmel sauce
165g Brown sugar
24g cornstarch
15ml lemon juice
1ml vanilla
42g salted Butter
30ml Heavy cream

To make the Caramel Sauce:​

• Measure the cream and have it ready when needed.
  • Combine the water, granulated sugar and salt in a medium, heavy bottom, deep saucepan. Over medium heat, cook the simple syrup until it comes to a boil, stirring frequently to dissolve the sugar. Once the mixture comes to a boil, cook without stirring until the syrup is light honey colored. Be sure to carefully shake and swirl the pan as needed to ensure even caramelization of the syrup. Don’t walk away from the pan, once it starts to color, it can turn dark quickly.
  • Carefully add the cream and stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Allow the mixture to cook, stirring constantly for about 1 minute.
  • Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla bean paste. Set aside while preparing the pie. The caramel can be made ahead of time, stored in a jar and
  • refrigerated until needed. Warm the caramel slightly at 50% power in the microwave before adding to the pie.
  • To make the pie:​

• Whisk together the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Toss the sliced apples with the lemon juice, then sprinkle with the brown sugar mixture. Toss with a spatula to combine. Set aside while rolling out the pastry dough.
    • Preheat oven to 375°F. If using our pastry recipe, remove the dough from the refrigerator and allow it to rest at room temperature for 10-15 minutes to make it easier to roll out. Roll out half the dough on a heavily floured, clean work surface to a 12-inch circle. Gently fit the pastry dough into a deep dish 9-inch pie plate taking care not to stretch the dough. Trim the edges of the dough
    • Lightly brush the entire top of the pie with the egg and milk mixture using a soft pastry or BBQ brush. Discard the remaining egg mixture. Sprinkle the top of the pie with sugar then place on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake the pie for 60-75 minutes or until golden brown with a bubbling filling. If the crust is over-browning during baking, tent with foil.
  • Cool completely before serving so the juices will not run out when sliced. If you don’t mind a juicy slice of pie, serve slightly warm. Great topped with a scoop of ice cream and drizzled with additional caramel sauce.
Thanks for the Recipe!

Had something interesting happen last night with the full moon and the snow we’ve been having.

View attachment 3692604

The exposure on my phone was set a little too high for this photo, but it honestly looked like dusk while the full moon was up. All the moonlight was reflecting off the snow. It even showed the shadows of the trees.

It was pretty interesting.

We are getting our Christmas decorations up. I am also getting more recipes on the plates I’ve been 3d printing. So far, I have the back plate and seven out of 45 pages printed.

View attachment 3692606

I’m also working on an organ arrangement for God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman for church. I’ll post a video when it is done.

Pretty busy here!
Jared, THAT IS A MAGICAL SCENE...SO BEAUTIFUL. YOU are so Talented.
You are always doing interesting, things. God bless you. Aria

Back
Top Bottom