Any Home Bakers Here?

I always make two loaves. In fact Friday I will be feeding Genesis and mixing two loaves of My Sourdough Multigrain Seeded Loaves.....One for my daughter who will visit and one for Me. I do bake Sourdough Loaves weekly. Aria
I will be baking two loaves this weekend too!

This is the other cake I made. The dough is same, as the plum cake dough. (pound cake style ingredients) that I posted couple days earlier.
I call this my Blonde apple cake. :frow
Shredded apples on my mandolin cutter. Done first, so not to lag time with baking powder raised dough when ready.

There is some sugar mixed in with the shredded apples.
View attachment 3791038
Spread apples on top of dough. Quantity was from 5 apples.
The pan is a cookie sheet size.
View attachment 3791039
With part of the dough, I kneaded in more flour,,, to be able to roll out this lattice style topping.
View attachment 3791040
Out of oven after about 60 minutes. @ 350°F. tooth-pick came out dry.
View attachment 3791041
Mighty tasty:drool:drool:drool
View attachment 3791042
Rich, your creativity and artistry are inspiring! ❤️

Rich, your creativity and artistry are inspiring! ❤️
Well,,, Thank you for those kind words. :hugs
Being a Scout leader for many years, I still remember to comply to the below.
1712263670426.png

I also enjoy experimenting. :frow There are endless possibilities to make slight changes, to the baking recipes. I very often change the topping ingredients to those on hand.
I also enjoy SHARING my goods with family and neighbors, friends.
You may have noticed the somewhat larger quantities of cakes, or breads I bake. At home,, It is only DW and I,, so it would take forever to finish all the quantity.

Anyway, here it is, a couple of challah loaves - say "hollah," as in, it's so good, it'll make you hollah, lol!

1000007039.jpg
Your Challah loaves are beautiful. I think I will bake a few next time.
I have done then on a flat surface like you did, and also in bread pans.
There is an accepted practice by some Challah consumers,,, not to use a knife to cut slices. Supposed to break off pieces of the braid by hand,,, and munch away:drool:drool:drool

Your Challah loaves are beautiful. I think I will bake a few next time.
I have done then on a flat surface like you did, and also in bread pans.
There is an accepted practice by some Challah consumers,,, not to use a knife to cut slices. Supposed to break off pieces of the braid by hand,,, and munch away:drool:drool:drool
Thank you for the compliment. I've worked hard to get the ends tucked in neatly. Also, thank you for the reminder about "breaking bread." However, it makes really good toast, and for that .... well, I have to slice it for that! 😉 When I bake it next week for church potluck, I'll be sure we break it traditionally.

HEre's a tip. The recipe says to build your braid, then transfer to parchment-covered sheet pan for baking. Instead, divide into strands, place on baking pan, and braid in place. It may be quite long, so shuffle it together to "fluff" it up and close it up to make it shorter and fatter. Then do the same with the second loaf. Stand by for the recipe I used.

Well. To get the recipe, use this code.

View attachment 3791665

ETA: I hope this works. Technoligy is rapidly passing me by.
BTW,, I have about 6 different challah recipes printed in my paper recipes notebook. They are all very similar.
There are also a few different ways to braid. I usually use the 3 strand easy method,,, But there are 5 strand methods,,, and also using square strands instead of round. Makes for interesting end baked shapes. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom