Any Home Bakers Here?

BTW,, I have about 6 different challah recipes printed in my paper recipes notebook. They are all very similar.
There are also a few different ways to braid. I usually use the 3 strand easy method,,, But there are 5 strand methods,,, and also using square strands instead of round. Makes for interesting end baked shapes. :thumbsup
The recipe for which I posted the code includes instructions for a lovely 6-strand braid, a round braid and others. There are also amazing pics of braids readers sent in. One is an elaborate braid of a menorah!

I had a long baking day today. I baked cookies, and some other things. I’m very tired.

I’m so tired, I was on the phone with my sister. I was telling her I was getting ready to hit the sack. It accidentally came out as “I’m getting ready to kick the bucket.”

I must be tired.
That's funny, Jared. Please don't kick the bucket any time soon! We are not done with you yet. :lau

@Jenbirdee, here's what I found:

What can I use corn flour for?

images

Corn flour is a versatile ingredient that can enhance the texture and flavor of many foods. Use corn flour as a breading for fried fish or okra, incorporate it into a waffle or pancake batter for a satisfying breakfast, or bake it into breads, muffins, or cakes.Jan 25, 2022

https://www.allrecipes.com › article

What Is Corn Flour? - Allrecipes

The bread looks good!

Have you tried putting the dough into the fridge over night and baking it in the morning? That process usually works well.
I usually make the dough im the morning, let rise 2 times during the day and put it in the fridge to proof in the afternoon until morning, sometimes the sourdough is so active I have to bake it in the evening 😴

BTW,, I have about 6 different challah recipes printed in my paper recipes notebook. They are all very similar.
There are also a few different ways to braid. I usually use the 3 strand easy method,,, But there are 5 strand methods,,, and also using square strands instead of round. Makes for interesting end baked shapes. :thumbsup
I fear 5 strand is beyond my talents 😳

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom