Any Home Bakers Here?

I fear 5 strand is above my talents šŸ˜³
I seen a while ago on YouTube,, where a challah was made double decker.
Let me explain.
The first layer was a regular 3 strand braid. The second layer was same braid, but with thinner tubes. So,, the second layer was half the width of bottom layer.
Made an interesting shape when baked. :thumbsup

I am a visual person, I canā€™t imagine stuff like that unless I see it, strangely enough, I can turn a dice in my mind šŸ¤” but I canā€™t spell or memorize cards ( kind of difficult if playing cards and you forget which card has already been dealt šŸ˜³ worst is when I forget which other card player I am teamed up with šŸ™ˆ) I can calculate very fast, but just on paper šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø am kind of stressed out, have to do my tax return before my next operation, you can only do it online now ( I think itā€™s been like that for the last 4 years or so) I print out all the papers , fill them out and put the numbers in online, I am very worried when you no longer can get the forms šŸ˜¬ I canā€™t remember anything online and scrolling just doesnā€™t work for me šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Ok, I had an interesting experience with finding a recipe.

I was reading the book ā€œLittle Women,ā€ (Yes, I read that and several other classic books,) and they mentioned something called ā€œpickled limes.ā€

I thought it was interesting, so I did research on it. I found this recipe in the process.

https://www.worldturndupsidedown.com/2020/07/little-women-civil-war-era-pickled.html?m=1

I guess itā€™s worth a try. I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll like it, though.

Anyway, Recipe is here if anyone is interested.

IMG_2731.jpeg

I usually make the dough im the morning, let rise 2 times during the day and put it in the fridge to proof in the afternoon until morning, sometimes the sourdough is so active I have to bake it in the evening šŸ˜“
since sourdough is a wild yeast, it often has a wide variation in timing between stages for sure!

I am a visual person, I canā€™t imagine stuff like that unless I see it, strangely enough, I can turn a dice in my mind šŸ¤” but I canā€™t spell or memorize cards ( kind of difficult if playing cards and you forget which card has already been dealt šŸ˜³ worst is when I forget which other card player I am teamed up with šŸ™ˆ) I can calculate very fast, but just on paper šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø am kind of stressed out, have to do my tax return before my next operation, you can only do it online now ( I think itā€™s been like that for the last 4 years or so) I print out all the papers , fill them out and put the numbers in online, I am very worried when you no longer can get the forms šŸ˜¬ I canā€™t remember anything online and scrolling just doesnā€™t work for me šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
Can you take your paperwork to an accountant or other tax prep person and let them do it for you? That's what we've always done. Works for us.

Back
Top Bottom