Any Home Bakers Here?

Trying a new recipe doing asparagus in cast iron skillet
lemon and thyme being used. I have fresh thyme in the garden.
I do asparagus in a skillet by first chopping up a half pound of bacon and starting it cooking. I go out to the garden and pick the asparagus, bring it in, rinse cut into pieces and add to the bacon. Let it cook for about one minute.

Crack eggs on top and use turner to break them and spread them around, covering the asparagus and bacon. Salt and pepper to taste. Flip over.

When the eggs are about done, grate medium cheddar cheese over them. I like fried cheese so I flip them over again. If you don't like fried cheese, serve as soon as the cheese is melted.

Use an ice cream scoop.
All scoops aren't made equal. This one's scoop is 2 3/4" in diameter. I don't use it for scooping ice cream.
20240407_175654.jpg

@cavemanrich You are the person that likes to experiment, so I am leaving it to you to make pancake pizzas.
Once you flip your pancake, add the sauce, toppings, then cheese. Cover for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
Depending on your toppings, and tastes, you might want to pre-cook/sauté your vegetables.

Apparently these were popular around 2021/2022. :confused:
Sounds like a plan. :thumbsup
Maybe next weekend when my apprentice (grandson) comes over, I will entertain the idea. I can also , make a large size pancake,,, take out of skillet,, and then bake pizza in oven.
Now I'm getting additional ideas. Make the pizza doe from pancake mix, and bake like regular pizza.:yesss:
Now,,,, I'm also getting cake ideas as well.:highfive:

Sounds like a plan. :thumbsup
Maybe next weekend when my apprentice (grandson) comes over, I will entertain the idea. I can also , make a large size pancake,,, take out of skillet,, and then bake pizza in oven.
Now I'm getting additional ideas. Make the pizza doe from pancake mix, and bake like regular pizza.:yesss:
Now,,,, I'm also getting cake ideas as well.:highfive:
I was thinking a cast iron skillet would be perfect for making or finishing a pancake pizza.

Use an ice cream scoop. 😉 Num num, nanner bread! :drool Didja know Truvia makes stevia sugar that works 1:1 straight across like regular sugar for baking? Brown sugar too! Happy diabetic here. I can also get it in packets for my hot drink, I add it to my Hint slightly flavored water and I travel with it and put it in my restaurant decaf! It does not promote tooth decay and I have lost 10# in less than a month since I started using it. Hallelujah! :celebrate
There are some options for muffin scoops on Amazon.

Good job on the weight loss!

Back
Top Bottom