Blood in poo, can chicks eat too much grit?

You can make just a quart or a pint of the water if needed, just reduce the meds by the amount, 1/2 or 1/4, whatever the math is. You can also make a gallon, keep the rest refrigerated so you can change it out during the day if needed. I know with chicks, sometimes water changes happen more often.

Okay, great. The math came out to .37 tsp so I put a heaping 1/4 teaspoon in their water along with "Save a Chick" probiotics. The package only mentions usage in bovine... so I hope I got the right one. It was the only Corid TSC had.
1033284-1.jpeg

That is the correct one. Amprolium is used for coccidiosis in many species, there just aren't many that are labled for poultry specifically. The dosing on the package is for bovines, the dosing I gave you is for poultry.
More dosing info here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...amprol-amprolium-dosing.818879/#post-11899998
Save A Chick has vitamins in it. Don't give them any vitamins along with the Corid
There are two sav a chick formulas that I'm aware of, one is probiotics (only probiotics) the other is vitamins and electrolytes. The probiotics only won't hurt anything, however, I generally save them for after treatment due to mixing too many things in the water at the same time may put them off drinking it, which you don't want to do. They need to drink enough of the corid water in order to get enough meds in them for them to work.
probiotic.png

probiotic2.jpg

electrolite.jpg

electrolite2.jpg

That is the correct one. Amprolium is used for coccidiosis in many species, there just aren't many that are labled for poultry specifically. The dosing on the package is for bovines, the dosing I gave you is for poultry.
More dosing info here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...amprol-amprolium-dosing.818879/#post-11899998

There are two sav a chick formulas that I'm aware of, one is probiotics (only probiotics) the other is vitamins and electrolytes. The probiotics only won't hurt anything, however, I generally save them for after treatment due to mixing too many things in the water at the same time may put them off drinking it, which you don't want to do. They need to drink enough of the corid water in order to get enough meds in them for them to work.
View attachment 2371751
View attachment 2371752
View attachment 2371753
View attachment 2371754
Yes!! I have the first one, the probiotic only. So I think its okay to keep it in? I used a little less than half a packet for the quart of water. They are generally very thirsty and hungry chicks but if I see them not drinking I will reformulate it. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom