can blackberries cause red poop?

Glitterunicorn

In the Brooder
Jun 4, 2018
I’m feeding my ducks blackberries almost every day and their water in the pool is always red. Today I’ve seem in the water a poop and that was red. It’s the blackberries or something other?
They eat, drink and act normally.

If they are acting normal in every other way I'd say it's the blk berries Mine have reddish poop when they eat water melon which they had the other day.

I’m feeding my ducks blackberries almost every day and their water in the pool is always red. Today I’ve seem in the water a poop and that was red. It’s the blackberries or something other?
They eat, drink and act normally.
Hello! We have a patch of blackberries and raspberries, that our chickens love to destroy! Yes, they do poop reddish poop afterwards! Although, if you are worried/believe it’s not just coloring, that it could be something else, you could try not feeding blackberries for a few days, and see if the color returns to normal. If it does, then it’s most likely becuase of the blackberries! If it stays red without being fed any blackberries/other berries, then it’s possible there is another problem.

Back
Top Bottom