can you use dog shampoo on chickens?

Quote:
A lot of breeders use dog flea shampoo on their chickens for mite control. Be careful to not get it in their eyes.
big_smile.png

Sure can. I use white dog shampoo especially on my white and black chickens, it looks great. Again, as with any pet shampoo, careful not to get it in their eyes. I also recommend Woolite.

Id stay away from puppy shampoos. The ingredient that makes them tearless can also be drying to the skin. And as for the eyes you can wash them with any basic eye wash after the shampooing. Whitening shampoos can also be striping of the natural oils so becareful with that too you can use it just not too often or too much.

i always used blue shampoo u would use on show cattle or sheep. u can get it at any feed store. as for the colored birds, id use suave clearifying shampoo and then rinse in vinager water tp take out all the soap and make the feathers soft. them id use eye drops for there eyes and bag balm for there feet, combs, and beak. always did well with my show birds. got first on alot of them.

Have you bought it yet? If not, buy horse shampoo. Horses have very delicate skin, so horse shampoo is really mild, and also usually really good at getting stains out.

I use Orvis to wash every kind of animal on the place, except ducks don't get washed. They get a tub of clean water and they clean themselves up show ready bright.

Back
Top Bottom