Cant get rid of CRD!!!

aShMaNv

Songster
11 Years
Jul 9, 2010
Choctaw, OK
It started off slowly with one single bird and now its way out of control!!! I have separated all birds that showed symptoms and I treated both sick and healthy birds with duramycin with no results, then tylan with no results. I have cleaned and done everything I can think of but I cant stop it no matter what i do. It makes me just want to get rid of chickens for good!!! It is so frustrating!!!

Ok, first of all, how do you know it's CRD? Maybe it's a virus. A virus will not respond to antibiotics. Second, CRD cannot be cured permanently. Even if you fix the symptoms, they will come back since the birds will remain carriers after they are infected.
In truth, the only way to eliminate some of the respiratory diseases from your flock is to cull the birds. Harsh reality, I know, but yet, it is the only way to completely eliminate it and start fresh. Then, practice biosecurity afterwards.

Have you brought in new birds recently? Did you quarantine them for at least 30 days to six weeks? I can tell you are very frustrated and I'm sorry you're having such a hard time.

Back
Top Bottom