Cheeks are gone šŸ˜­

Cheesecurds

In the Brooder
Jan 4, 2024
Madison, WI
My EE girls are 6 months and have fabulous cheeks. Recently I noticed that face grooming was really in style and that two of my girlsā€™ cheeks were looking spotty. Today I come out to them after eating watermelon and 3 more girls are being groomed in the face to be rid of the juice. I used ā€œno pickā€™n for chickensā€ spray on their cheeks when it first started and today I washed their faces and applied it to everyone. Sadly it didnā€™t work, right away my girls were grooming the feathers right off of each others faces and necks. No blood yet but big bald spots on 5/8. Please help! :(

The reality is they're not harming each other, so personally I'd just let it be. Overgrooming is not the same as feather picking.

If it bothers you that much you're going to need to avoid feeding anything that might adhere to the beards (watermelon, anything else that's wet or sticky) for starters. No pick lotions and sprays are tough to avoid getting in the mouth of the bird being treated, and require constant reapplication (like twice a day).

Back
Top Bottom