Coop ‘N Compost...what's it all about? Good? Bad?

TMarie

Songster
9 Years
Feb 28, 2013
I have been seeing the ads on here for Coop ‘N Compost Odor Neutralizer. How does it work and do you guys suggest it?

Does it go in the ducks' water, then it makes their poop stink less? (That was my understanding, but I just want to be sure)

HAHA oh my! I suppose that would not be healthy lol. I thought I read it was something you put in their water. Thank you!

I am also wondering about this product. I am worried about my ducks ingesting it. They are always poking their bills around in the straw in their barn.

I contacted the manufacturers and the following is their response:

Thank you for contacting Manna Pro. You can use Coop N Compost in your duck barn. Coop N Compost is an all-natural product and is nontoxic. I recommend sprinkling the Coop N Compost on the ground and lay the straw on top of it to avoid constant ingestion, but if they do happen to ingest some it will not hurt them. If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thank you because I was scared after I put it down and covered it with straw. My chickens started to scratch at the straw and eat the granules.

sound like a snake oil. Same as with compost - if it stinks, add more carbon (wood chips, straw, hay, fall leaves, shavings, charcoal). They are all natural products, not magic granules that happen not to kill chickens when ingested.

Back
Top Bottom