Crooked Leg, Closed Web Foot plus Pooping Issues - Please Help

I almost wonder if the leg issue is causing its belly to drag and that’s why it almost looks like the poop is stuck up by the navel. I agree with the original neosporin. I personally would cover the entire vent and naval area using the neosporin to almost gel the feathers away from the vent. I use neosporin on any pasty butt issues and it really helps the poop from getting stuck on hard.

She (or he) seems to be doing good. I put Neosporin on her and still have foot bandaged. Poops seem to becoming more normal … like little piles. 🤞

How often should I change the “boot”

Is it safe to have her with the others and can they drink the vitamin water as well with no affects?

I don’t really want to isolate her.

I took her outside today and she was running all over the place - gives me hope …

the others can drink vitamin water (just follow instructions, either they need regular water also available, or change from vitamin water to plain water every 12 hours) I just read through your whole thread and Im so glad she is doing better with the naval and vent problems. Sad about the little leg though. She might need more than just the one little cardboard underneath. Lets tag @New duck mommy 2021

Laying the foot flat then wrapping? Maybe try a plastic container cut in shape of the foot wrap in vet wrap to protect from sharp edges then place foot flat out with toes all going in the same direction then wrap again with vet wrap. The plastic being harder may hold the foot better.

Laying the foot flat then wrapping? Maybe try a plastic container cut in shape of the foot wrap in vet wrap to protect from sharp edges then place foot flat out with toes all going in the same direction then wrap again with vet wrap. The plastic being harder may hold the foot better.
I’m happy to report the belly looks so much better. Here are pictures of the foot as well …
IMG_4568.jpeg
IMG_4572.jpeg
IMG_4569.jpeg

That’s good news about the belly. So the foot can bend normal like the other one? In the picture where the feet are on the ground is the foot turned upside down or just twisted? I can’t tell.

Back
Top Bottom